Job Title: Project Preparation and Delivery Manager: Governance, Responsibilities And Ownership (GRO) Programme
Salary: starting salary £45,271
Location: Based in Head Office, Swindon with some UK travel necessary particularly Wallingford
Contract Type: Fixed Term for 12 months; depending on the progress of the programme, an extension up to March 2019 may be available but this cannot be guaranteed at this time.
NERC - the Natural Environment Research Council - is the UK's leading public funder of environmental science.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at a senior level on NERC's Governance, Responsibilities & Ownership (GRO) transformational project that will change the structure of NERC and the way it delivers science on land and at sea.
You are expected to demonstrate appropriate levels of interest, knowledge, training, experience and skills in the following areas:
- PRINCE 2 Qualifiation or by experience;
- experience and understanding of complex public sector organisations and transfers from the public to the private/independent sector;
- leadership skills;
- experience of managing projects, people and budgets;
- ability to learn quickly, understand and work with NERC's administrative and business processes and and terminology;
- excellent communication skills (written and spoken), with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people with different needs;
- demonstrable skills of managing relationships with people working at all levels including experience of working with different professions;
- experience of partnership working;
- excellent organisational skills, with the ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritise and manage a busy workload and to work calmly under pressure;
- self-motivated, with a pro-active approach to ensuring tasks are delivered;
- IT skills, including a good working knowledge of MS Office packages, e-mail and the internet;
- presentation and business report writing skills; and
- problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Degree and post degree qualifications relevant to the role
- An interset in environmental issues.
ARC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.