The planner's role is to manage the planning process by providing clear unambiguous project plans that give visibility of project status at all times.
This will be achieved by liaising with all stakeholders to develop logic driven, fully resourced and cost loaded plans that identify key interfaces and are prepared at an appropriate level of detail for effective control.
The preparation and distribution of appropriate progress reports, plans, histograms, EVM analyses and projections. These will provide project teams and managers information at a suitable level of detail to enable them to manage effectively.
* Develop logic driven, fully resourced and cost loaded plans
* Resource capacity analysis
* Reporting resource utilisation and capacity
* Predicting and progressing plan look-ahead
* Advising the Project Manager and project teams on plan progress
* Monthly reporting
* Monthly plan updating
* Maintaining records in sufficient detail to enable an accurate account of contract history
* Liaison with suppliers, contractors, engineering and other internal departments
* Assess impact of changes and risks in terms of plan key dates, deliverables and costs
* Ideally will have Earned Value Reporting experience
A key aspect of the planners role and responsibilities is the willingness to get involved in establishing and recommending changes when required to the project delivery philosophy.
The client is a leader within the Automation and Control Systems field with operations in 100 countries worldwide. They specialise in providing integrated solutions to the Transmission and Distribution and Oil & Gas industry with projects offshore and overseas.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Planning of complex software or engineering projects
Experienced in working with project planning software (Primavera an advantage)
HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
Accurate and timely
Capable of working successfully in a team of technical experts
Able to communicate at all levels within the team both verbally and in writing.
Primavera 6 experience an advantage
Advanced IT office skills such as MS Office (Excel essential)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.