Main Duties and Key Accountabilities of the jobholder:
• Support delivery of programmes of work to deliver Mayoral commitments as set out in the Police and Crime Plan. These will include, but are not limited to:
o Gangs and youth violence
o Violence against women and girls, including a pan-London domestic violence service and support for London’s four Rape Crisis Centres
o The reduction of re-offending through Integrated offender management
• Contribute to their oversight of critical community issues, e.g. stop and search and hate crime
• Support commissioning arrangements to ensure that the application of their funds effectively meet the Mayoral priorities to support crime reduction, community safety, reduce reoffending, supporting victims and community engagement.
• Support the Programme Manager in identifying interventions in support of underperforming partnerships
• Assist the establishment and maintenance of Safer Neighbourhood Boards in London Boroughs, giving local Londoners and victims a greater voice.
• Support the delivery of effective custody oversight and identify areas for improvement
• Provide support to the Programme Manager in the production, publication and delivery of relevant Mayoral policies and strategies as set out in the Police and Crime Plan.
• Support matrix management arrangements in area based teams working to deliver a range of programmes and services whilst supporting work on priority policy issues.
Experience of programme management and policy development and implementation. Knowledge of policing and crime. Ability to build relationships, influence and negotiate with stakeholders and partners.
Please note any candidates that are successful in securing this role would have to go through the client's Security Clearance check which can take up to 8 weeks to complete.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job