Project Officer - £14.72ph plus holiday pay - Central London
Start ASAP to the end of July 2018 initially
* Ideally, the selected candidate will be available to work on Saturday 16th June 2018, as the department have an important conference this day, for which your assistance would be of great help *
The Project Officer will join the existing Team in supporting schools in starting and developing the teaching and learning of Mandarin Chinese and the study of China across the curriculum.
The role is diverse and will involve working across a range of projects. The role requires a flexible approach to undertake tasks from administrative work through to taking on day-to-day management of projects or strands of projects on behalf of a Project Manager. Exceptional communication skills are required to enable effective relationships to be built, and to enable the use of a variety of communication channels to support and strengthen the network of teachers and Classrooms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute ideas for the ongoing development of the work of the Institute to support networks of schools and teachers.
- Learn proactively about the aims and objectives of all projects within the portfolio of activity to which the role is exposed. Keep up to date with the essence of major developments in education policy and practice.
- Set up, implement, develop and use processes and systems as necessary. Set up appropriate tracking and monitoring systems for all project work as necessary. Take personal responsibility for getting the job done.
- Attend events and meetings as required (with the requirement on occasion to travel), working at all times to ensure that all stakeholders and delegates coming into contact with the Institute feel part of the network and of an ongoing valued relationship.
- Lead on event organisation as required, working towards successful conference and event provision.
- Handle telephone calls, emails, and social media contacts and queries in relation to projects as necessary, working to resolve issues effectively where these arise in order to retain relationships positively. To communicate positively and sensitively with all stakeholders.
- Organise work and ensure delivery, taking on diary management and travel and accommodation arrangements for others where required.
- Support analysis of data across projects, including financial data around income, to track levels of engagement from schools with projects.
- Write for the web and for e-marketing, in line with style guidelines, as required. Effectively proof read all written communications to represent projects professionally to an education audience.
- Ensure that stakeholder information is maintained accurately at all times.
- Use financial systems effectively to ensure value for money, correct payments, and speedy resolutions to all supplier issues.
- Undertake market analysis and other research as required.
- Line management as required.
- Any other tasks in line with the responsibilities of the role.
- The role will require some travel within the UK. International travel may also be required occasionally.
- Successful experience of project planning, proactively taking on and sharing ownership of tasks as part of a project team to reach planned outcomes.
- Experience of offering exceptional customer services to all stakeholders.
- Experience of creating and sending marketing materials and the confidence and experience to write and publish dynamic web content.
- Experience of organising meetings and events for small and large groups.
- Prior experience in event planning / event management.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to different audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work quickly and responsively, and to prioritise tasks effectively in order to meet specified deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular familiarity with spreadsheets and the ability to interpret and manage data effectively.
- Ability to work flexibly, and a demonstrable ability to take on new tasks and areas of delivery as required.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Diary Management
- Event Management
- Project Support
- Stakeholder Engagement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job