My client is a leading Engineering and Manufacturing company supplying specialised equipment to the Converting and Print Industries across the world. They are looking to recruit a Project Mechanical Design Engineer for their modern site in Taunton. My client is very innovative and a leading company in their field. They work in many areas including Print, Medical, Battery, Paper, Foil and Film and have seen their business grow three fold. They are recruiting due to this growth.
The Role: My client is looking for a Project Mechanical Design Engineer to work on the development of new and existing designs. You will have a strong knowledge of mechanical design principle and experience of DFMEA and DFM methods. Experience in the Converting and/or Print industries would also be an advantage.
Project Mechanical Design Engineer key qualifications and skills:
- Ideally a fully time served Mechanical Design Engineer, with a strong proven background in Mechanical design.
- -DFMEA and DFM experience.
- Working Knowledge of Inventor 3D CAD.
- Ideally you will hold a degree and/or HNC and have relevant Mechanical Design experience with a strong detailing and design capability, including experience in carrying out improvements and changes to current designs.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team. You will be working in a team of 4.
The successful Project Mechanical Design Engineer will join a company that values its staff and has a low staff turnover. This is a Monday to Friday role (37.5hrs) with overtime possible, enhanced pension, free parking and a salary depending on experience of £30-45k. There may also be the possibility of having some flexibility in your hours.