The role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain valuable experience and provide essential project management support across a wide range of exciting project areas within the service.
This includes the opportunity to lead on discrete project areas such as the development of three cultural units within the new Glassworks development, reviewing the Visitor Economy Strategy and development of the Visitor Economy Forum, as well as the opportunity to assist with exciting larger projects such as the development of Elsecar.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, comfortable working in a fast paced environment, working on their own initiative as well as working within a team and be proficient with Council systems, or be able to learn quickly.
Experience of managing procurement exercises , writing business cases and genuine interest in Culture and heritage will be an advantage.
Payrate: £18.53 p/h
Start date: 15/05/2021
End date: 31/03/2022
Working hours: Full-time (7.4h per day, 5 days per week)
Address: Westgate Plaza One, Western Street, Barnsley, S70 2DR
- Lead on project management, co-ordinating resources to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure that projects are effectively planned and managed within a formal programme and project management framework.
- Provide professional advice and guidance in relation to projects, ensuring that key milestones and information are communicated to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work allocation to a small team
- Be responsible for monitoring risks and dealing with issues to ensure projects are delivered.
- Undertake performance management and complex data analysis and interpretation, promoting quality practice and service delivery, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Identify, evaluate and implement processes, technology and systems to enhance project and service delivery.
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, training and management of a small team, including coordination of project teams not managed by the job holder.
- Be responsible for monitoring project budgets.
- Contribute to the development of service strategies, polices and plans.
- Proactively liaise, negotiate, influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees, councillors and partnership agencies as required to ensure the effective delivery of projects.
- Keep abreast of wider developments to enhance the service accordingly, to satisfy internal and external demands.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations, legal requirements, statutory requirements, standing orders and financial regulations of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as requested by management.
- Significant experience of project management to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Experience of working on large complex change projects within a large organisation.
- Experience of acting as an advisor to managers at all levels of seniority, external agencies and other forums.
- Experience of continuous service improvement with strong enthusiasm for improving service delivery.
- Experience of promoting positive team working.
- Experience of policy and procedure formulation and implementation.
- Experience of budget management.
If you have previous project manager experience submit your CV now and one of our Talent Sourcing Specialist will be in touch imminently.
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'