Are you interested in working for one of London's largest and most vibrant registered providers? Do you come from a development or construction background with exceptional project management skills? Is the welfare and safety of tenants at the heart of what you do? Then we have the ideal opportunity for you.
At deverellsmith we are delighted to have exclusively partnered with Notting Hill Genesis to assist them in the recruitment of the newly created position of Project Manager withing their fire remediation team. Notting Hill Genesis are a member of the G15 Housing Group and have over 65,000 homes across London and the south-east. With roots reaching back to the 1960's they remain true to their original vision of housing west London's working poor. Notting Hill Genesis are hugely diverse, they don't just accept difference, they celebrate and support it.
The company culture is a motivating and uplifting one. The team is commercial-minded but with social values at heart. You will play a key role the team to successfully deliver significant building remediation projects to ensure that all of Notting Hill Genesis housing's stock is compliant with new fire safety regulations (EWS1). This is an opportunity that will provide you with the ability to progress and advance your career.
Purpose of the Project Manager:
To manage remediation projects to achieve cost, time and quality targets where requested and manage customer interaction. You will also be expected to develop due diligence files on assets to understand their construction and the products used, visually examine and risk rate buildings. You'll work in a team of project managers and report to a senior project manager.
- Project manage the delivery of fire safety remediation projects from commencement to completion, within cost, time, quality and other performance targets. Identify and manage risks that are likely to affect delivery.
- Prepare capital budgets, revenue forecasts, cash flow forecasts, works programmes and ensure projects are delivered in accordance with agreed policies and procedures and other management tools.
- Build business cases for remediation projects through development of proposals and close liaison with internal teams. Developing strategies for the decant or relocation of existing residents/commercial tenants/property owners.
- Lead the development and implementation of communications plans for projects including detailed resident consultation strategies in conjunction with internal and external teams.
- Work with Procurement team to appoint appropriate consultants and contractors in line with procurement procedures.
- Work with SPM to establish comprehensive project risk registers. Manage risks in line with the risk register and escalate any risks that are necessary.
- Prepare management reports including financial appraisals, monthly progress reports and cost reports. Present to internal panels and committees.
- Co-ordinate cross functional internal and external teams to rationalise specification and works programmes.
- Manage the appointment and performance of external consultants and building contractors.
- Build, establish and maintain excellent working relationships with local authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Provide excellent customer service standards to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and present papers to BSRG and PAG.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Experienced in delivering successful results from negotiations with partners such as consultants or contractors. Also experience in managing and motivating external multi-disciplinary teams.
- Well-practised in presenting to internal and external committees.
- Understanding of the issues involved in fire safety, building safety cases and remediation projects and experienced in the management of the delivery of remediation programme from commencement to completion.
- Comprehensive understanding of project management principles and risk analysis skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Effective IT skills - Outlook, Word, Excel, (to at least intermediate level).
- Competent in Pamwin (or other financial appraisal tools).
If this position is of interest to you, please contact Sarah to discuss this role on or email your CV to .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'