Do you have an understanding of built heritage conservation, you will equally be able to demonstrate excellent project management, communication and stakeholder engagement skills?
Here at North Norfolk District Council, we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager at ourNorth Walsham Heritage Action Zone Programme. We have an ambitious vision for the future of the area and have a great track record of delivering exciting initiatives to nurture local economic growth and community development. While the current Coronavirus pandemic has changed the national landscape, the council’s longer term vision and ambition remain the same. You will be based in Norfolk working on a full time, fixed term contract up to April 2024 and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £32,029 - £35,934 per annum (dependant on experience). Please note that offer of employment is subject to external funding being agreed.
Working as part of the Economic Growth team, our Project Manager will inspire the local community and businesses and have the ability to capitalise on the funding, nurturing ideas that will create opportunities for further improvement and investment. We are therefore looking for someone with the talent to bring together people, places and resources to effect lasting change.
Responsibilities as ourProject Manager:
- Lead and drive forward the delivery of the North Walsham High Street Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) programme, within agreed scope, timescales and budget to achieve a range of outputs.
- Manage and co-ordinate regular meetings with key stakeholders; establishing clear roles and responsibilities and effective communication across all partner organisations.
- Manage the programme finances; implementing effective budget and information management and monitoring systems; making grant calculations, providing financial forecasts, submitting claims and ensuring the programme meets the budgetary requirements of North Norfolk District Council and Historic England.
- Explore ways to complement and capitalise on the HAZ programme that might further benefit the town, including further funding opportunities and wider collaboration.
- Ensure the programme receives suitable promotion and publicity to maximise community awareness and engagement and manage the expectations of the local community.
- Design and implement a building improvement grant, incorporating a shop front improvement scheme, to the high professional standards. This will include bringing forward successful grant applicants, assessing the appropriateness and eligibility of proposals, taking into account relevant legislation and guidance.
- Ensure that the three keys strands of the scheme - physical improvements, community engagement and the cultural programme - are strongly interwoven throughout the programme. This will include facilitating a community led cultural consortium, helping to prepare funding bids to access relevant Historic England grants and ensuring that cultural and community aspects of the scheme work in tandem.
- Manage and deliver public realm improvements, ensuring consultation and coordination with key stakeholders to create a cohesive and consistent restitching of the town centre.
- Engage with a range of internal and external technical experts across a number of disciplines including: planning, architectural specialists and others (as required) to ensure all projects are delivered to the highest conservation and design standards.
- Align the HAZ programme with relevant District Council and Town Council priorities and relevant conservation guidance to ensure the protection and enhancement of the historic environment.
What we’re looking for in our Project Manager:
- Experience of delivering complex projects, while maintaining a focus on delivery and quality
- An understanding of heritage, conservation and regeneration
- Experience of developing, managing or the co-ordination of a fund or grant programme
- Experience of writing reports and delivering briefings and presentations to senior managers / a formal board to an excellent standard
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an appropriate subject
- Excellent programme / project management skills - able to implement and maintain effective project management, monitoring and reporting mechanisms
If you would like to be considered as our Project Manager, then please click “Apply” now for more information!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'