A new Civil Engineering Project Manager position has just landed in Essex! Are you looking for a new challenge?
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Salary/Rate: £42,000 - £45,000 + Package
Randstad CPE Contact: Alex Squillaci (Maidstone branch) -
This contractor deals with all aspects of civil engineering - highways, bridges, infrastructure, environmental, frameworks and special works.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for a well resourced team and role will consist of but not be limited to:
- Supervising all subcontract and direct labour and technical staff
- Planning, scheduling, procuring and delivering the project effectively, often to a tight schedule
- Managing all health and safety
- Liaising with the client team and consultants
- Identify what the client wants to achieve
- Agree timescales, costs and resources needed, with the client
- Drawing up a detailed plan of how to achieve each stage of the project, as well as an overall plan
- Ensure a project team is in place and manage that team throughout the progress of the whole project
- Ensure that each stage of the project is progressing on time and on budget and identify any issues that may prevent this from happening
- Responsible for reporting regularly on the progress of the project to the client and/or to the senior managers
- Working to the contract (NEC)
- Relevant qualifications and previous experience as a Project Manager.
- Full understanding of procurement of civil engineering works including preparation of specifications and current Health & Safety legislation for Civil Engineering.
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.
- Be able to prepare comprehensive technical reports.
What you will get in return
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity for progression within the business
- A host of in-house and external training opportunities
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'