Job Title - Project Manager
Location - Milton Keynes
Rates - Up To £307.56 per day (LTD/Umbrella) or Up To £268.53 per day (PAYE)
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
In this role you will lead projects across Network Rail's training function and so you will need to have the ability to manage a project from conception to finish.
What you will do:
- Recommend creative, cost effective solutions to support learning and development projects as defined by the Training Analysis and Design team.
- Project manage the end-to-end process of learning resources across the full media spectrum including (but not limited to) face-to-face materials, trainer guides, end of course hand-outs, animations, simulations, video, audio, etc. to agreed time, budget, and quality standards.
- Lead working groups of subject matter experts and internal or external development resources to agree product specifications, technical requirements, and deliverables.
- Communicate project progress as required to the relevant Portfolio Manager, the Network Rail Training senior leadership team, subject matter experts, and suppliers as appropriate.
- Control outputs to certify that prevailing Network Rail safety, branding, design, accessibility, and diversity and inclusion policies, as well as technical guidelines are consistently applied. Maintain an audit trail of draft materials and records that final versions have been proof-read and approved prior to publication.
- Identify and consolidate best practice development tools to develop high quality training materials.
- Continuously review the effectiveness of development processes, seeking opportunities to improve effectiveness and incorporating lessons learned into future projects.
- Take appropriate and timely action to identify and address any skills, capability, or behavioural development needs so that productivity and quality are not compromised, and the reputations of NR Training and the team are upheld.
Your experience will include:
- A project management background preferably in media/training, or would consider automotive, rail or other safety critical.
- A knowledge of virtual reality software.
- Ability to lead projects from conception to finish.
- Can hit the ground running and are a self-starter.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><strong>Job Title - </strong><strong> </strong><str
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'