Location: London, NW9 6TD
Position: Permanent, Full Time
We specialise in groundworks and civil engineering, as well as hard landscaping and external works projects. We work across both public and private sectors, and our approach enables us to remain flexible enough to deliver projects varying in size, between £500k to £4m.
Partnering with some of the UK’s best Principal Contractors, we have successfully delivered a range of high-quality Construction Projects. We have been part of iconic projects such as the 2012 Olympic Park in Stratford and the London Cycle Hire Scheme. And since 2015 we have continuously delivered at the £1bn inner-city housing redevelopment at Colindale Gardens, NW9 as well as other high profile Re-development projects.
The success of our company is based on the reputation and relationships we have built up over the last 16 years. We want to maintain our positive approach and continue to give our customers confidence that, time and time again, we will provide an end result that is to a high standard, safe, on time and on budget.
Project managers are accountable for delivering outcomes, so you'll have high levels of responsibility to ensure that you and your team are on track.
- initiating - checking feasibility and working out budgets, teams and resources;
- planning and creating a visual project plan;
- executing - managing the project;
- monitoring and controlling - tracking the project's progress;
- closing - evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for the next project.
- set objectives in line with the company or client needs, which may include scope, content, timings and budget;
- plan work and set deadlines to meet the agreed needs of the project, including budget targets;
- manage resources necessary to meet project requirements;
- select, lead and motivate your project team;
- monitor the work to make sure it is on time and within budget;
- co-ordinate the work of your project team and delegate tasks where appropriate;
- identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time;
- implement any changes throughout the process;
- produce regular progress reports to management.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a Construction Project Manager
- Highly Organized and Motivated with an excellent understanding of your own and others time management
- Work well under pressure
- Great communicator
- Ability to motivate other team members
- IT Literate, including use of project management tools (e.g. MS Project, Primavera etc)
- Construction Management H&S training, e.g. SMSTS, IOSH Managing Safely or similar.
- A HNC / HND / Degree in Construction Management
- Membership with relevant chartered institute
The role of a Project Manager will involve a variety of tasks including:
- Daily liaison with site manager(s)
- Preparing regular progress reports for internal and external use
- Making daily tasks lists and delegating responsibility
- Arranging and leading on regular project progress meetings
- Keeping up to date with any policy and legislation changes
- Undertaking site checks to monitor progress and safety conditions
- Producing Project Plans to include for resource forecasting
What to expect
- You'll lead a project team to meet tight deadlines, which means you may be working under pressure.
- A professional dress code and working environment will be the norm.
- Most of the time you'll be office based but you should expect to travel to visit sites, clients and attend project team meetings.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday + 8 BH
- Standard Pension scheme
To apply to our vacancy for a Project Manager, please click on Apply to submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Project Managers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'