Salary range up to £50,000 per annum plus benefits
Full time, part time and flexible working will be considered (Full time 37 hours per week/Part time minimum of 30 hours)
We have an opportunity for a project manager to join our central team managing cross-functional strategic projects and providing PMO support for change across the Sanger Institute.
The first exciting challenge for you in this role is to support the establishment of a new Research Tissue Bank within Scientific Operations, to coordinate the collection, storage and distribution of ethically approved tissue for a wide variety of projects, with a sample import, export and archive service.
The various work streams that need project management support include team set up, process design, sample management systems and the launch of new services for the Research Programmes.
You will identify process and operational issues, work with people to define a better way of working and help them implement the change. You will be responsible for end to end project management and delivering sustainable change, involving successful planning, collaborating, reporting and implementation.
The Sanger Institute is committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale, and imagination to solve some of humanity's greatest challenges, and is based at the Wellcome Genome Campus, home to some of the world's foremost institutes and organisations in genomics and computational biology.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Consistent track record of leading and implementing change, with demonstrable knowledge of change management methodologies
- 5+ years of end to end project management experience, with a record of delivering a number of complex projects through others on time, in budget and to agreed quality standards
- Demonstrable knowledge of Agile development methodologies and product management concepts particularly in relation to digital projects
- High level of organisational skills with the ability to plan and schedule multiple projects and programmes effectively
- Experience of developing and maintaining key project documentation including business cases, project management plans, and change management plans
- Ability to quickly understand scientific, technical and process challenges and break down complex problems into actionable steps
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- A proactive approach and ability to work on own initiative, with creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work with complexity; to analyse situations and problems, develop and propose solutions, and follow through actions
- Strategic thinking, ability to see the 'bigger picture'
- Highly developed communication skills with experience of dealing with people at all levels successfully
- Excellent relationship builder
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
OurCampus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity's greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application
Closing date: 4th August 2019
Interviews will take place between 6th and 14th August after a preliminary telephone interview
- project management; scientific;
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'