Project Manager / Business Analyst
Oldham, Greater Manchester
to GBP30k plus Pension, Profit share, Pension, Private Healthcare, Gym Membership, Life Assurance, Breakfast and snacks provided, Social events, Extensive training and development, 29 days holidays incl BH rising to 33 days
- Are you coming from a Business Analyst, Software Development or Project Management background?
- Do you have a minimum of 2 years experience working across the full software development lifecycle as a BA, PM or Software developer providing bespoke software solutions?
- Can you offer a good understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design?
My client is a software development company based in Greater Manchester, working with the design, maintenance and support of bespoke reservation solutions for the travel industry.
Due to expansion, they are looking for someone with SDLC experience where you have worked on projects to provide bespoke software solutions. This is a great role that combines Business analysis, software development and project management, working directly with customers product teams, documenting and designing functional changes to enterprise software systems.
What you will do!
There are three core elements to the Business Analyst role, as summarised below.
- Working with customers and in-house development team to design, document and implement bespoke software solutions, including preparing functional specifications and business requirement documents. Examples include enhancements to the core reservation system and integrations with third parties using our suite of API products.
- Contributing to the creation of software test plans, addressing UAT feedback, reviewing and monitoring support cases, progressing enquiry cases, completion of regression tests, liaising with the internal development team.
- Promoting quality assurance throughout all stages of the software development lifecycle, ensuring functional changes operate in accordance with the agreed specifications.
Account and Project Management
- Management of day-to-day client communications and project planning from both a development case and account management perspective.
- Creating and executing project plans, as appropriate, in accordance with business and customer priorities, demands and requirements.
- Ensuring project documents and communications are complete, accurate, and stored appropriately.
- Building knowledge in relation to each client's business objectives and KPIs.
- Making recommendations to promote continuous improvements to project standards, requirements documents and processes.
What you will be able to offer!
- Minimum of 2 years experience working across the full software development lifecycle as a Business Analyst, Software Developer or Project Manager.
- Experience of working with external customers or internal development teams to document business requirements and bespoke software solutions.
- Possess a general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Knowledge of bespoke software development, client/server architecture, data migrations, web services, APIs and third party integrations.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of system capabilities and technical architecture.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Commercial awareness in relation to software development projects.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate how they have provided or been involved in software solution projects either as a Business analyst, project manager or software developer.
Please apply now! Alternatively if you want to have a chat about the role, please call Stephanie Taggart at Collective Recruit Ltd.
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" button below. We strive to respond to all applications and will do our best to ensure we make contact within 7 days. However if you have not heard from us within that time frame, does not mean your application has been successful and we will strive to keep you updated on the progress of your application.
- Project ManagerBusiness AnalystSoftware developerSoftware solutionsSoftware development lifecycleIT Project Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'