After achieving global success on a range of innovative hi-tech products we are currently looking for a Project Manager to manage the full product development life cycle in specifying, quoting, designing, building, testing and installation of multiple hi-tech products in a growing division. As Project Manager you will manage multiple projects at any one time with most of the projects involving customisation of existing products typically ranging from 2-6 months in duration with several running in parallel. Other responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with multidiscipline teams of engineers to identify suitable solutions to meet customer requirements. This would involve mechanical design, electrical design, software, hardware etc.
- Get a thorough understanding of orders that require Project Management (is it a customised solution or is it a standard product being installed in a particular territory for the first time).
- Manage change requests through the project and communicate the impact in terms of time, cost and requirements.
- Co-ordinate across all departments to ensure the project can be delivered on time, on budget with all the requirements met.
- Developing and documenting a streamlined company specific stage gate process.
For this role we are looking for:
- Experience of delivering hi-tech projects working with a range of cross functional teams of engineers.
- Ideally degree level qualified in a relevant field of engineering.
- A technical background is essential with exposure to working in a product development environment.
- Experience of a stage/gate project methodology (APM or Prince 2) would be beneficial.
- Commercially aware with regards to cost, pricings, margins.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job