Our client and another charity, in partnership, have been awarded £1million by People’s Postcode Lottery Dream Fund to develop their Search Dog Heroes project. The project will deliver awareness to thousands of families whose loved-ones are living with dementia, special educational needs or mental health problems; all of which are linked with high risk disappearances. In addition, the project will see the training and deployment of 100 new search dogs, some of whom will be ground-scenting dogs who can find a missing person quickly using articles of scent. This role will be responsible for leading our client and project funded by Dream Fund, People’s Postcode Lottery.
Position: Project Manager
Location: South West London (Central Office is based in Mortlake – 12 mins from Clapham Junction and 23 mins from Waterloo)
Job Type: Part-time or full-time, Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2020 with possibility to extend
Salary: £33,000 to £35,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave per annum / pro rata plus statutory holidays; Company pension contribution; Employee Assistance Programme (EAP); Our clients employees who have reached 12 months’ service by the 15th week before the baby is due will receive the below (which is inclusive of Statutory Maternity Pay); Additional sick pay; Charity sick pay is payable by management discretion, guided by the following scales; Childcare vouchers; Eye care vouchers.
About the role:
As an experienced project manager, you will have strong leadership and communication skills to ensure the project succeeds. You will manage the delivery of key project deliverables, providing senior level advice on complex project issues and hold high level relationships internally and externally with the project’s expert reference group and their funder making recommendations for preventative action and changes.
The Project Manager role is also pivotal in managing other funded projects including those which specialise in innovation and the technical development of new online systems. You will ensure all projects are delivered on time, in budget and to the highest standards of service.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- Prince2 or similar project management qualification
- Proven experience successfully leading or managing projects or services with a complex range of stakeholders
- Extensive experience of designing, managing and reporting on complex projects
- Proven experience of strong record keeping and ability to design and manage information systems
- Proven experience influencing people in senior leadership roles internally and externally towards ambitious change within a sector or area of business
- Proven experience of IT proficiency and confidence working in multiple systems
- Experience of line management
- Experience of reporting to funders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both formal and informal
- An understanding of social media and digital communications
- An understanding of GDPR and its impact on how charities communicate with beneficiaries and manage personal data
- Enhanced criminal record check
- Regular travel across the UK, including occasional overnight trips as required
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of designing and delivering training to staff and volunteers
- Experience of project management in the voluntary sector
- Driving Licence is desirable
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, Project Management, Project Delivery, Lead Project Coordinator, Project Coordinator, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not For Profit, NFP, Prince2 etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.