We are working in partnership with a leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors, and they seek to appoint Project Managers for our projects in the London area. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience in project planning and execution including all safety, health, environmental, quality, program, resource, commercial and contractual aspects. The successful candidate may have to travel throughout the UK.
Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ)
- Understand duties and responsibilities with regards to current Health and Safety/CDM legislation, including those of other parties and ensure compliance.
- Ensure all activities are planned and managed in compliance with SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Prepare and implement the Project SHEQ Plan, ensure this is in place prior to works commencing and update regularly as required.
- Produce, implement and approve where appropriate, Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) ensuring accurate and up to date records are maintained.
- Develop the tender programme to produce the project programme, agree with the CM and issue to the team, supply chain and client prior to work commencing.
- Manage the design, procurement and site activity in line with the programme, monitor progress and update and report accordingly.
- Communicate programme risks to the CM and produce records and notices for contractual correspondence.
- Plan and manage allocated project resources, including staff and external parties, to achieve the project requirements.
- Lead the project team and ensure appropriate training is provided for staff.
- Ensure site management are maintain a daily diary including plant, labour, material and environmental records.
- Ensure the site logistics plan is in place and approve any revisions.
- Chair weekly operations meetings and contract reviews with the project team.
Commercial / Contractual
- Manage the project in line with the contract, including any amendments.
- Maintain and report information to the CM and QS as requested for contractual notices and other correspondence with the client and subcontractors.
- Attend sub-contractor pre-let meetings, contribute to production of sub-contract orders, ensuring site management are aware of the scope and content.
- Ensure the client, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
Client & third-party communication
- Maintain professional and positive relationships when liaising with clients, designers, utility providers, statutory authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure verbal communications are confirmed in writing where necessary.
- Promote the brand and report any prospective business leads.
- Manage D&B/CDP responsibilities both with design team and sub-contractors.
Please apply with a copy of your cv, if you have relevant skills and are eligible to work in the UK