Vitality, Project Manager, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this Project Manager role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for executing change within the time, budget and scope agreed at project commencement. You will also provide creative solutions to manage ongoing change requirements throughout the life of the project
Responsibilities as our Project Manager include:
- Proactively engage with senior sponsors and stakeholders to define and scope, then manage projects.
- Participate in project benefits identification.
- Agree roles and responsibilities for sponsors and stakeholders and continually monitor and adjust throughout the programme
- Establish the project governance model, team structures ad practices and working relationships.
- Define and coordinate the securing of commitments from cross functional groups and external providers.
- Establish milestones, activities and plans and manage performance against them
- Manage time, budget and scope movement in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model.
- Produce and manage budget and resource plans for the project and continually update these as change occurs.
- Manage, document and escalate cost, risk and scope issues with programme manager and or sponsor as needed.
- Follow the project methodology, practices and procedures appropriate for the particular project but still in line with PMO guiding principles.
- Work with external vendors and outsourced providers.
- Provide effect status updates to key stakeholder.
- Identify, evaluate and document “lessons learned” during the project. Communicate best practices and lessons learned to project team members and other IT teams as appropriate.
To become our Project Manager, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Proven problem-solving, decision-making, and financial skills
- Appropriate knowledge of the regulatory and quality requirements for the financial services industry
- Effective business-development skills, including proposal development and preparation
- Bachelor’s degree required; or extensive amount of related experience in operations, IT or product development.
- Practical experience of different project methodologies
Working for Vitality as a Project Manager you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Thursday 19 April 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Project Manager please click ‘Apply’ today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job