Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 plus Company Vehicle
Our client is a UK leading support services company delivering essential infrastructure services to the Ministry of Defence (MoD). They’re now recruiting for a Project Manager to be based at their site at MoD Lyneham, Chippenham. You will be responsible for delivering a programme of Additional Construction Works (Projects) ensuring all works are delivered on time and within budget.
SALARY £38,000 - £40,000 DOE PLUS COMPANY CAR, PENSION SCHEME & 33 DAYS HOLIDAY INCLUDING BANK HOLIDAYS
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of construction additional works.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams and service delivery.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Review site risk registers, follow management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
Project Manager Applicant Requirements:
- HND level qualification in a Building or Civil Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS).
- Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Construction Project Management including: leading an operational team to achieve KPI’s, Stakeholder management, management of costs, planning, directing and controlling activities and management of Safe Systems of Work.
- Experience of supervising site operations, including planning, directing and controlling activities, agreeing scope and priorities of work, proactive performance management, ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Full driving licence.
- Prepared to obtain Security Clearance.
Project Manager Benefits:
- £38,000 - £40,000 annual salary.
- Company Vehicle or car allowance (£4,500)
- Pension Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Varied working environment.
NOTE: My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force (RAF) with a proven record within a property/maintenance environment on a MoD estate.