Heathrow is the UK's premier international airport and one of the world’s major hub airports, flying people for business, tourism and to visit friends and relatives around the world. We provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines flying around 75 million passengers a year to over 180 destinations worldwide and play an important economic role connecting the whole of the UK to global growth. As one of the largest single site employers there are over 76,000 people working at Heathrow, for over 400 companies, working together to achieve our vision of giving passengers the best airport service in the world. Heathrow is like a small city - fast moving, diverse, forward thinking - right at the heart of the nation’s global connections and with a world of opportunity.
The Project Manager role at this level will be responsible in developing parts of the business cases and to drive elements through its development in the gateway process. The role will also support with the coordination of project teams and to ensure regulatory requirements are met in terms of consultation.
This position will form part of Development’s resource pool and will be assigned project(s) by matching experience and capability with the scale and complexity of the project(s).
Project Management roles exist in a number of different teams within Development, these include Programme Teams and Delivery Teams, each team covering different parts of the gateway process. The resource pool assignment process allows individuals to specialise in these different areas or to follow a project from end to end.
Principal Accountabilties ?
- Plan, lead and manage the project team to ensure an integrated, sustainable and effective solution is delivered which meets the requirements defined within the brief and benefits defined in the business case.
- Establish a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and ensure that all user requirements are captured and approvals are in place to meet schedule dates, as well as understanding regulatory requirements.
- End to end execution planning and management, ensuring clear goals, roles and deliverables are well defined to ensure delivery of the goals and value formoney of the expenditure.
- Responsible for the Safety of everyone involved or touched by the project.
- Ensure the integration of design, development, construction delivery, commissioning and process requirements is achieved using the subject matter experts in the team (including own expertise as appropriate).
- Accountable for reporting of project performance using project controls tools, including earned value and quantitative risk analysis.
- Ensure the project deliverables have been tested, commissioned and handed into operation in accordance with Heathrow requirements.
- Ensure post project reviews are done and learning and benefits realisation are captured appropriately.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualification in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent academic achievement.
- Working towards professional qualifications (membership of an appropriate institution) or evidence demonstrating continued personal development.
- Experience of capital / revenue projects with a clear understanding of project management particularly APM.
- Knowledge of the Airport operational environment and direct business is desirable.
- Deliver Results - Delivers great results by balancing a focus on action with high standards of quality, performance and safety.
- Put Passengers & Customers First - Anticipate and meet their needs to make Heathrow their preferred choice.
- Commercial Focus - Make a positive difference to Heathrow’s commercial performance.
- Take the Lead - Inspire and develop people to deliver the business priorities.
- Work Together - Work together and create win-win with colleagues, stakeholder and business partners.
- Continuous Improvement - ? Challenge the status quo and deliver continuous improvements to make every journey better.
Our plans are ambitious ones. And our people equally so. That’s why we recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes. In return we offer great benefits. These include our employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a wide range of development opportunities to take your career further.