Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Reports to: Project Manager (Smart Connected Home) / Director of Product Development
Under the leadership of the Project Manager (Smart Connected Home) & Director of Product Development you will manage assigned New Product Development projects from inception through to launch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager (Smart Connected Home) in delivery of projects from product brief to launch.
- Management of the NPD workflow for assigned projects using Jira, Confluence, Aha, the in-house Product Database (or other tools as applicable).
- Data: Maintains the product database for assigned projects to ensure that the data is correct and that documentation is stored correctly.
- Management of samples. This will involve ordering and tracking of each product sample through the NPD process.
- Ensure that the New Product Development and Product Marketing teams have complete visibility of each project. Report any potential delay and financial implications that will affect the project delivery.
- Reporting: Ensure that Senior Management has accurate and complete visibility for each project.
- Assist with Product Training to staff and end customers.
- Management of changes and modifications to existing portfolio products
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate market experience in a business similar to that of us i.e. lighting or electrical products.
- A tertiary qualification in Project Management (Prince2, Agile, Scrum etc.) Lighting, Engineering, Product Design, or a similar discipline is required for new appointees.
Candidates will possess a technical knowledge of Project Management in a new product development environment.
- Ability to manage multi projects and to work to deadlines. Must have strong analytical skills and have excellent communication capabilities in written and verbal English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have a hand’s on approach.