Brewster Pratap are working with a large multinational manufacturing company in Doncaster to recruit a Project Manager a for their growing Product Management team. The role would suit an experienced Junior Product Manager, Project Manager, Marketing Projects Manager or similar who can easily commute to Doncaster from areas of the town, Wakefield, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Worksop and Rotherham.
The job involves working alongside and as a link between the Product Management team and the Marketing Managers. You will take ownership of product and customer requirements, prioritising your work to ensure targets are achieved. You will manage specific projects related to product engineering and product development - liaising between the technical team, the sourcing team, the supply chain team, and closely with marketing and product managers to ensure projects are managed effectively to conclusion. Areas of responsibility will include:
- Support the Product Manager in benchmarking products against competitors, developing and supporting product design and providing product improvements, speeding up the launch timescales
- Monitoring product legislation as well as competitor marketing & product activities
- Working on projects on behalf of customer requirements
- Assist the technical team with managing BOM changes, validating product costings, developing leaflet instruction packs and new product introduction
- Reporting monthly on product KPIs for all categories
- Ensure product training manuals are up to date and accurate
- Working with the relevant internal teams to ensure slow moving products are managed effectively
- Introducing new procedures within project management where necessary
- Helping to improve the profitability of the range through checking manufacturing costs and assisting in project management of value engineering and value adding projects
- Working alongside the Health, Safety & Quality team to manage the process of product testing, approvals and managing quality issues
This is an exciting role that involves working very visibly across the technical manufacturing side of the business and the product management and marketing side of the business, ensuring projects relating to products and customer requirements are managed effectively.
To be successful in your application you must have relevant Project Management experience, ideally within a manufacturing or engineering environment so that you understand the processes involved within product management and new product introduction within these businesses. We're looking for someone with strong organisation skills, commercial acumen and the ability to build effective relationships across a business. You will need to have the confidence to liaise with colleagues at all levels of the business, and the tenacity and diplomacy to chase up information from whoever it is required in order to keep the project on schedule. Prioritising is essential as you will manage multiple projects at any one time. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and project management procedures is essential.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Convenient location with on site parking
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
Brewster Pratap Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information.
- project manager; marketing projects; product manager; junior product manager; manufacturing project