Project Manager Blackburn, Lancashire
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Project Manager based at our Blackburn Office in Lancashire.
This role will be suited to a candidate with excellent technical and communication skills who will also provide a quality service and have ambition to progress their career and the business in which they operate - to join our Programme Management Office Team.
The Programme Management Office aims to promote project management excellence in the delivery of projects, be efficient, reduce client interfaces, standardise systems and processes and gain control of project delivery to improve quality.
Our Programme Management Office Team works on all stages of development from initial concept through to the design, tender and construction delivery. We are looking for a flexible person who is willing to get involved in both consultancy and project delivery roles.
- As part of the PMO Team, assist Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council (BwD BC) in identifying development opportunities
- Effectively manage project workload and be proactive in taking action to balance resources with workload requirements
- Coordinate the delivery of projects by ensuring all workstreams have undertaken their agreed tasks efficiently within specified timescales at an agreed cost
- Assist in the development of procurement strategies to unlock development sites with the aim of assisting local authorities with cash flow constraints
- Working alongside the property and PMO team assist in the procurement of supply chain services for client commissions
- Undertake quality reviews of client briefs and assist in drafting fee proposal responses
- Where necessary, provide support to the client in the drafting of the client brief
- Set up projects on the Capita finance system and make payments to the supply chain
- Undertake audits, gateway reviews and generate reports of the outcome
- Undertake forecast revenue and cost analysis
- Monitor Capita obligations under the Partnership Contract with BwD BC and report as necessary
- Identifying client resource requirement to meet the need of their brief and resource plan accordingly
- Development and implementation of BwD BC's Estate Strategy
- Identification of opportunities to develop BwD BC owned assets and contribute to strategic business cases
- Development of fee proposals
- Adhere to Capita's QA systems and procedures
- Project Management experience
- APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ) and/or PRINCE2 Practitioner accredited (or working towards qualification/accreditation)
- Experience of both Public and Private Sector project delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in close partnership with clients and external consultants
- Eagerness to use your own initiative and ensure work is delivered on time within a quality framework
- Experience of using programming software such as Microsoft Project
- General Microsoft software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work as part of a disciplined team or on own initiative
- Good communication, presentation and negotiating skills
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example;
- Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff;
- Be open and honest;
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done and celebrate success; and
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=BB21AU&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=BB21AU&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Project Manager
- Project Manager Public Sector