Colliers International is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, building surveying, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail, Residential and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 800 specialists throughout 13 offices across the UK and Ireland.
The role will require the successful candidate to provide Project Management Services to both Landlord and Occupier clients in the office, industrial, retail, licensed & leisure and private healthcare sectors. The candidate will be based out of the Leeds office but will be required to undertake instructions across the North of England and occasionally overseas.
The candidate will be expected to take ownership of client instructions, engaging directly with the client and being responsible for financial control of the instruction, including the raising of fee accounts and working towards meeting an individual annual fee target.
The successful candidate will report to the Director in charge of the Building Surveying and Project Management Department.
- Appoint and manage teams to deliver the clients project requirements.
- Attend project meetings, chair meetings when required, take minutes and manage actions from those meetings.
- Prepare and manage project costs and budgets.
- Prepare and manage project programmes.
- Attend site inspections and report on quality.
- Deal closely with clients and report regularly in a clear concise manner.
- Administer building contracts.
- Meet personal performance targets.
- Continuously improving, and adding to, personal skills and knowledge base.
- Maintaining contact with Clients and RM’s so that relationships can be effectively and efficiently managed
- Seeking to develop new business, including cross-selling, identification of new business markets/sectors, and product improvement
- Maintaining excellent business awareness
- Maintaining an understanding of, and help achieve, the goals of the Department
- The candidate will also be expected to participate and support the department’s business development activities, and represent the department at both internal and external networking events
- In addition to servicing the clients of the Building Surveying and Project Management Division, the candidate will also be expected to work as part of a team in receiving and processing instructions referred to the department from property management and agency teams also based in the Manchester office.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Must possess excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must have proficient IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be willing to learn, to be proactive, and to contribute to the success of the Department
Qualifications and experience
- Must possess the relevant degree of practical experience as a Project Manager within the commercial property market
- Must be working towards or newly qualified as an MRICS Building Surveying or Quantity Surveying or APM project management.
- project manager
- quantity surveyor
- building surveyor