This role will be based within our highly successful Major Projects Directorate under our growing and popular Regional Investment Programme!
Plan and manage the delivery of projects, managing the performance of a project team, external contractors and consultants and ensuring adherence to effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards across the supply chain and Highways England, to ensure successful delivery of agreed project outcomes and acting in line with mandatory and delegated responsibilities.
Day to Day:
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Board and other key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure full mutual understanding of the projects' strategic and delivery objectives, to report on and review project performance, and to agree solutions that resolve complex issues.
- Comply with Highways England Portfolio, Programme and Project Management System (P3MS), clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project delivery team, creating high quality baseline management products, producing timely and accurate reports, and creating and maintaining specified records.
- Design, agree and implement project plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes, and comply with P3MS and locally defined procedures.
- Oversee feasibility, design, and assessment work for proposed projects, to inform the development of business cases and investment proposals. (applicable to pre-construction).
- Contribute to the development of robust business cases, to clarify business benefits, quantify resource requirements and identify project interdependencies.
- Identify and evaluate emerging risks, issues, dependencies and constraints associated with the project, escalating where appropriate. Where necessary develop, agree and implement solutions to overcome these.
- Commission and manage the performance of delivery partners and expert consultancy support as appropriate, ensuring that project objectives and requirements are clearly understood, setting clear expectations for health and safety management, time and cost; and taking appropriate remedial action where necessary.
- Manage, lead and motivate Assistant Project Managers, to ensure effective performance is delivered and to support their personal development.
- Promote continuous improvement and innovation across the project and programme team to ensure that work is conducted in manner that takes into consideration wider stakeholders, political nuance and the long-term strategic aims of Highways England.
- Plan and manage own CPD to ensure continuing development of Project & Programme Management skills and awareness and understanding of industry best practices.
- Proven evidence of managing teams to successful development of complex, medium/high risk projects or high profile projects
- Proven evidence of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
- Proven evidence of managing business and/or value management cases for new projects through company defined governance, review and approval gates
- Proven evidence of managing and maintaining agreed project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners
- Demonstrable experience of managing the development of project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners
- Proven evidence of commercial skills with proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes and drive value for money
- Demonstrate experience as mentor and/or coach to develop project management talent, skills and competence within a complex project environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job