Salary: £46,567 - £60,103 plus up to £3,550 London Allowance
Location: London based with UK wide travel
E.ON Community Energy is one of the UK’s leaders in district heating. We create value for developers, businesses and residents – from sustainability and reliability, to fair pricing and reduced carbon emissions. This industry is already well established in international markets, and at E.ON, we’re leading its development in the UK.
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Community Energy team. Here you will be responsible for the day to day project management of several technically complex projects ranging in value from £0.5m to £10m and based at various UK locations. These projects aim to deliver thermal energy to large residential and commercial developments in the surrounding areas; providing a low carbon and clean air addition to the local environment.
Working with stakeholders across the organisation and beyond, you will be responsible for preparing project schedules and managing cost forecasts against those schedules, all while maintaining a high level of Health and Safety management. You will work with our teams across the UK to ensure the smooth running of all our operations, and use your networking skills to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Community Energy is a rapidly growing business with both a technically and geographically diverse range of operational assets. Here you’ll be individually responsible for several technically complex projects, making this an exciting and challenging opportunity.
Here’s what you need to have:
- Experience of Project Management in a variety of infrastructure projects ranging from civils and construction through to major services and District Heating installations (£10m+), taking projects from tender stage through to completion.
- An appropriate engineering qualification e.g. Degree /HNC or equivalent.
- Substantial knowledge and practical use of current legislation with regards to the Health & Safety, Construction, Services Installation and various Forms of Contract that could be applicable to the variety of Residential Projects including CDM, Electricity at Work Act, HASAWA and TMA.
- A valid CSCS card and full UK driving license.
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills and a good awareness of the commercial impact of your work.
- Contract management experience with the ability to build strong working relationships not only with contractors, but also your colleagues, customers and senior managers.
- Interpersonal and influencing skills to ensure the most effective delivery of the work programme.
- Flexibility to travel on a UK wide basis.
It would be great if you had:
- Financial and commercial experience, including a good understanding of P&L reporting and other relevant financial techniques.
- Experience in writing tenders, Quantity Surveying, negotiating contracts and writing specifications.
- A formal site manager qualification such as SMSTS, SSSTS or NEBOSH.
- Knowledge and experience of CHP and heat network installation.
- A broad understanding of the distribution system and the network’s limitations.
What we’ll give you in return
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Generous pension scheme (with 2 for 1 contributions from E.ON up to 18%).
- Retail discounts and cashback.
- This role requires flexibility to travel on a UK wide basis. The majority of projects are in London and so this is an ideal base. However, we will consider candidates based in other locations providing they have flexibility to travel UK wide including overnight stays.
- This is a permanent role.
- Due to the nature of this role a DBS check is required.
For more information on reasonable adjustments please click here.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of homes and businesses here in the UK. It’s incredibly complex work. It takes the talents of thousands of people to do what we do. Yet our vision is a simple one. We want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We’re doing that by making energy cleaner and simpler to understand. We’re also doing it by being genuinely helpful people and treating our customers fairly.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job