MTrec is proudly representing this true international manufacturing company in their search to appoint an experienced Global Project Manager. You will be working with a multi-national customer base, managing a number of high profile projects within the group. These projects could include a diverse range of areas, including the development of new facilities, transferring products to other sites, introducing new products, supporting the growth of sister plants. You will be working in a multi-cultural and fast-moving environment, where the consideration and understanding of different countries, rituals and ways of working is critical. You must be highly experienced in all aspects of Project Management, have an in-depth understanding of the APQP process and be extremely driven. If you are looking for a challenging, rewarding and diverse senior role within projects then we would strongly recommend you consider this opportunity as potentially a great career move.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, co-ordination, organisation and monitoring of multiple projects across the Group. The Project Manager serves as the overall facilitator for project execution and manages deliverables, timing and quality.
- Sets clearly defined objectives aligned to the strategic and operative goals; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones and initiates corrective action
- Actively builds and maintains a network of connections across the Group and externally to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests; promotes team working; shares knowledge and resources with peers and across functions; seeks constructive outcomes in discussions; challenges assumptions but remains willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress; deals with conflict in a prompt, calm and constructive manner.
- Leads by example, communicates in a truthful, straightforward manner with integrity and impartiality; speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups; prepares written communication in a clear and concise manner; confidently engages with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals
- Inputs and analyses numerical data and all other sources of information to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of interconnected decisions; uses data to suggest improvements and new initiatives.
- Takes ownership of delivery against outcomes and gives credit for other’s delivery; maintains a strong focus on priorities, reviews and challenges performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time; swiftly responds to changing requirements; acts as a role model for delivery by injecting enthusiasm and energy to achieve results; promotes resilience and responsiveness across the organisation by being open and honest about challenges and the actions required to address unexpected developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- Professional qualification in Project/Programme Management preferred.
- Thorough understanding of APQP.
- Accredited Lean/6 Sigma/ Lead Admin Green Belt preferred.
- Relevant experience in a global environment, ideally high-volume manufacturing or automotive production.
- Experience in leading complex multi-national projects with individuals and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Customer: general knowledge of customer needs and requirements.
- HSE: knowledge of current health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Quality Management: knows quality management systems and relevant norms and standards, understands role to support and maintain the quality system.
- Knows how to create and sustain a working lean management and six sigma system.
- Controlling & Planning: knowledge of cost calculation, budget forecasting and management, investment process, monthly reporting.
- IT: advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Project, ability to be proficient in company systems.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job