OVERALL FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF JOB
- To manage Capital investment projects on the Harlow Site.
- To lead project teams on the Harlow Site in the development of fit for purpose project solutions, incorporating
- Best engineering practices.
- Optimum business solutions.
- To monitor and report on status of all CAPEX projects assigned by the Site Engineering Manager.
- Manage and develop the Compliance Programme for LV/HV Electrical systems on the Harlow Site.
- Manage the Electrical Standards and advise on personnel training requirements for electrical systems on the Harlow Site
- Responsible to the Site Engineering Manager.
- Directly supervises all contract personnel involved in project activity as necessary
- Technicians will be involved in project work, when agreed with Workshop Supervision, as part of the project team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide a specialist expertise in project management.
- To advise and assist in the maintenance and procurement of equipment required for the implementation of each project.
- To liaise with external contacts concerning supply of equipment or problems with existing plant.
- Plan and execute project work within area of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of technical developments in engineering solutions relevant to the company's interests and activities.
- Assimilate knowledge of new installations and recommend spares requirements necessary to take over maintenance of new equipment.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Be aware of the Company Policy Statement. This includes the Health and Safety Policy Statement, Environmental Policy and the Responsible Care Statement.
- Administer and enforce company SHE policy and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Ensure the site safety procedures and standards are being followed.
- Fully briefs contractors' on site with Company procedures, ensuring they fully comply with safety rules and that relevant permits are issued.
- Liaises with site personnel on planned shutdowns, project interruptions etc. to minimise disruption, requesting permits as required under Company procedures.
- Fully co-ordinates project construction on site, maintaining full compliance to health and safety standards on assigned projects.
- Ensure compliance of all project activities with Company standards and regulatory bodies.
- Take action to eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Ensure that a good standard of housekeeping is maintained.
- Carry out risk assessments within area of responsibility.
- Ensure correct liaison with and management of contractors.
CONTROL OF RESOURCES
- Control of capital expenditure within limits of approved cost.
- Control of revenue plant modifications within approved cost estimate.
- Co-ordinate all contractor activity.
- Co-ordinate the employees carrying out project work, in agreement with Workshop Supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Engineering degree or professional qualification in an Engineering discipline.
Minimum 5 years proven Project Management experience in the chemical, process or allied industries of engineering. Experience in COMAH designated Sites is desirable. Sound knowledge of industrial plant and systems gained through several years in the chemical processing or related industry.
When you are emailing your CV to Pursuit, please ensure it has your telephone numbers (including your mobile), your email and home addresses on. To confirm your identity, you will be required to bring your passport with you when registering.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself we grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up.
Pursuit Resources Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.pursuitgroup.co.uk
- Project Management
- Health and Safety
- Electrical Standards