Are you an ambitious Project Manager looking for a change? Are you looking to join an exciting main contractor in the Bath area? Working for a company who doesn't just see you as an employee but also part of the family?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Day's Annual Leave
- Share Save Scheme
- Private Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Retail Discounts
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes.
- The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel.
- The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of our clients.
- To have a good understanding of contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness
- Competent with current H&S Legislation able to demonstrate a full understanding of CDM regulations.
- Responsible for the day to day management of multiple concurrent projects to ensure the successful delivery of the project against the project KPI's.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with current Health & Safety regulations, inc of CDM, & Environmental legislation.
- To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Liaise with client's staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members.
- To assist the General Manager/Operations Manager with the development of the direct labour resources.
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To participate in monthly financial reviews for all schemes with the Commercial Manager, ensuring that all Project Engineers have prepared accurate financial performance reports
- To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures.
- A strong contractual understanding ideally with NEC forms of contract
- Complete contract documentation
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- To develop in conjunction with the project planner a detailed project programme ensuring that it is maintained to drive the project to key deliverable milestones.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Ensure that project resources are made available to attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, "As built" drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and timescales
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Must have experience in Commercial fit outs
- H&S qualifications
- IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
- CSCS card
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Well organised, diplomatic, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Project Manager
- Main Contractor
- South West
- No.1 PM