Our client owns a large property portfolio and a number of sites have been identified for development and regeneration. Funding is available to carry out a number of site investigations and studies. Following this work, the cleint needs to determine the most appropriate mechanism to bring forward the development of the sites. This could include disposal to a developer to achieve a capital receipt, development via a joint venture with a private developer or contractor, development via the clients own company Norwich Regeneration Ltd to generate an income stream for the council.
- Preparing project briefs and specifications for services
- Preparing options appraisals to compare delivery mechanism
- Producing programmes for the overall sites programme and individual projects
- Preparing monthly highlight reports to monitor projects against budget, timescale and quality
- Establishing and maintaining risk registers and issues logs
- Managing the project budgets
- Handling enquiries from the local community and dealing with the press and media
- Instructing land and property negotiations relating to the development of complex sites, including valuations, marketing and disposals and joint venture negotiations relating to multi-million-pound projects
- Commissioning and acting as the client for site investigations and studies and design and planning work. This will involve preparing briefs, commissioning and managing consultants to ensure work is delivered to achieve agreed objectives.
- Exploring options and preparing options appraisals (working closely with LGSS finance) and finding solutions to determine the most appropriate way to bring forward major development proposals to meet the council's objectives
- Procuring and negotiating with prospective developer partners to establish joint ventures where appropriate, including establishing the relevant governance arrangements for multi-million-pound development projects.
- Setting up and chairing project team meetings, reporting to project boards (consisting of senior officers, council members) as appropriate plus attending meetings with representatives of the local community on contentious issues.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline eg surveying, estate management,
- Project management qualification e.g. Prince 2 or other or equivalent learning from experience.
- considerable experience in a project management role within a property related environment or similar.
- Experience of budget monitoring, planning and forecasting.
- Experience of commissioning and managing external specialist consultants on design and delivery of major development projects.
- Detailed understanding of development viability appraisals and site valuations including housing, leisure and commercial development
- Detailed knowledge of property and planning legislation and procedures including CPO
- Detailed knowledge of regeneration funding methods and sources
- Understanding of procurement techniques in the public sector
- Understanding of models for delivery of development projects such as joint ventures, council owned companies.
- Ability to manage and deliver complex multi- disciplinary major development projects, including procurement and project management
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including consultants, contractors and the public.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to a wide variety of audiences including professionals, the press and media and members of the public
- Excellent analytical skills to prepare and consider detailed financial and other options appraisals and interpret development appraisals
- Be able to work within stringent deadlines and effectively prioritise own workload and co-ordinate that of others, within the council and including external consultants and contractors
- Excellent negotiation skills on property, land acquisition and other matters
- Awareness and ability to handle financially and commercially sensitive issues.
Please be aware this role is outside of IR35.
Please apply online for consideration.