Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Are you our next Project Manager? Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our well-established team as a Project Manager with responsibility for our Projects in the South East.
Ranked as a Top 25 Employer to work for by LinkedIn, Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Execution of projects of £150k to E1.5M.
Execution of Multiple Electrical Infrastructure projects ranging from complex Grid and Primary substation sites for Distribution Network Operators to one off Electrical infrastructure projects for Industrial Clients.
The main objectives of the SES Project Manager are:
- to manage execution of SES customer projects within the SES business following applicable company policies and processes.
- to lead functionally the project team (Design, Planning, Purchasing, Contract, On-site) to ensure full customer satisfaction, safety compliance and financial performance.
- to Manage the relationship with the customer and third parties within project scope and accountable for the execution of the project in line with the contract & specifications.
1. Lead the project team through task planning, follow progresses in line with scope of work and deliverables till completion. Animate the communication within the team.
2. Manage project contract ensuring fulfilment of Schneider Electric contractual obligations and application of its contractual rights.
3. Create delivery plan and construction phase plans.
4. Systematic review of deviations against specifications, or additional customer requests, to generate additional revenue.
5. Take full accountability over project profitability (cost, cash flow & margin) including forecasting, engagements follow-up & re-forecasting. Ensure timely revenue recognition as per forecast.
6. Ensure all appropriate actions to timely recover customer receivables (payments…) are done with the support of shared functions.
7. Monitor and control Project progress versus budget spending. Strive for gross margin improvement.
8. Manage overage and bonus hours related to projects.
9. Ensure full & effective reporting to management (reports, project reviews, …). Inform timely the management about project events impacting project performance or compliance with governance principles.
10. Identify and alert on execution risks. Be proactive in resolving associated issues. Escalate to Sales to manage claims & variation orders.
11. Is responsible of the proper implementation of Schneider Electric safety standards all along project execution, and for all parties (Schneider and subcontractors)
12. Act as primary point of contact for the customer, lead project team interaction (correspondences, emails, calls, meetings, ...) to ensure consistent execution and secure customer satisfaction.
13. Continuously monitor customer satisfaction, and strive for improvement. Lead the issue resolution in the project and provide inputs for continuous improvement.
14. Conduct if necessary Lessons Learned session with Sales and Tendering team to share feedback.
University Degree (Engineering and/or Business)
University Master Degree is a plus
Minimum of HNC qualification preferred
Prince 2 or similar project management qualification
Good Knowledge of the Electricity supply industry and Distribution Networks
Mastering project management software tools (MS Excel, MS Project)
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.