Project Manager (Regional Contractor)
My client is looking to build a team in London due to a steady increase in successful tenders. My client are seeking to recruit a Project Manager with a proven track record working for a Contractor on new build high rise projects up to and above £30m.
The contracts will be on apartments and student accommodation projects
To manage the project which includes the attainment of the required quality, safety programme, profitability, co-ordination of site works and management of subcontractors resulting in a successful project completion.
- Single point of contact for client.
- Formulate and present progress reporting structure both internally and to the client.
- Overall responsibility for construction, through to the completion of the building, to the agreed programme.
- Formulating and agreeing main contract programmes
- To set the agenda for the construction process and the design/ information co-ordination to achieve that process
- Ensure site team manage in overall terms Site Health and Safety Policy, security and fire policies.
- Ensure site team set up and work to main site filing system.
- Assist with contractual correspondence and distribution of information.
- Attend post hand over review meetings.
- Encourage and develop communication methods employed by staff and nurture positive supportive approach to developing staff.
- To discuss, support and advise team members on a regular individual and team basis and where necessary liaise with Human Resources for additional support.
- Conduct, chair and minute regular team meetings with subcontractors and management and distribute to senior management.
- Complete on time or ahead of time.
- Arrange and ensure meetings with quantity surveyors regularly throughout contract.
- Liaise with quantity surveyor and sub-contractors to discuss possible damages and time loss immediately as they arise.
- Discuss site issues and progress with construction director.
- Attend pre-start meetings with on-site operatives.
- Liaise with client, architect, structural engineers, Building Control, NHBC and other organisations as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
- Member of Chartered Institute of Building or working towards desirable
- Good knowledge of contract law
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
- CSCS Card
- Good communication skills
- Assertive and strong persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good management and leadership skills
- Experience of high rise, mixed used developments is essential
- Hands on approach to work
- Solid work history within a permanent role
In return for your commitment you will benefit from working for an expanding organisation that offer excellent opportunities for career development and a remuneration package that consists of a basic salary influenced by experience, car allowance, pension and healthcare.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please call Ryan Pearson on or email your CV to
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- Student Accommodation
- Project Manager
- new build
- High rise
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job