Following exciting developments and growth within the business we are seeking an individual to join the team as a Project Manager. The role will report to Head of IT Delivery, based at our Bradford site but travel across other business locations as required. You will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary,plus benefits.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from multiple UK & International locations and supply our customers with end to end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
You will have significant operational project management experience that will equip you with the skills to drive projects from inception to completion, on time and to budget, using one or more recognised project delivery methodologies. You will have a business wide remit which includes engagement with external clients. Whilst the role is based at our office in Bradford there will be a requirement to travel to other business locations, including some overseas travel. Our environment is energetic and supports a culture of people achieving their full potential. Our people are at the core of our business, that’s why we provide significant opportunities for your career progression and personal development.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities of our Project Manager;
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Work closely with both Operations and IT
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Support the scheduling and allocation of project resource
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, issues/risks and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
To become our Project Manager you should have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience of project managing in multiple concurrent projects
- Experience working in an enterprise level organisation
- Experience in delivery of business change projects in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Experience of delivering projects with IT and Operational dependencies
- Accreditation in a recognised project delivery methodology would be advantageous
- Ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Strong experience in managing budgets and resource allocation
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, organisational and planning skills
- Conversant with tools and processes necessary for effective project governance practices
- Stakeholder Management through an Influencing, motivating and leading leadership style
- Ability to absorb and analyse information quickly and accurately
- Ability to prioritise improvement activities for greatest organisational impact
- Experience of managing change and introducing procedural compliance
- Experience in leading continuous improvement including definition and implementation of PM best practices
- Experience in defining projects which satisfy our customer requirements
- Experience of measuring inputs and outputs to provide meaningful data
- Ability to analyse data to identify the root causes of variability operational challenges
- Knowledge of Microsoft to an excellent level
- Degree qualified in either business related, logistics or manufacturing discipline
- Experience of Prince 2, RUP or similar
- Experience of a similar role and a wide Industry knowledge
- Understanding and experience of IT project delivery (infrastructure and software)
The closing date for this role is planned for 20th February 2018 however may close sooner should suitable applicants be received.
If you think you are the right candidate for our Project Manager role then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!