CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Project Manager to join one of our client’s teams located in London.
The purpose of the role is to:
Have full accountability and responsibility for managing and delivery of project works at our customer sites, based in Northamptonshire.
· Identify and generate project opportunities from within a set portfolio of maintenance contracts.
· Liaise with key stakeholders on their requirements and explain feasibility of their schemes to become a trusted advisor.
· Work with developers, designers and sub-contractors to define and document scope(s) of work(s).
· Develop and understand the full scope of works in line with the desired project business case and in turn outcome. This is to be within agreed budget requirements and required profit margins.
· Manage, run and draw up tenders on behalf of the customer as required. Carry out full tender analysis of all sub contractor returns.
· Work within the current CDM process. In the main taking on the role of principle contractor.
· Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project they are leading.
· Ensure CBRE QHSE practices and processes are fully embedded in each project.
· Ensure full compliance with project management policies and procedures.
· Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) "end to end". Activities to include but not be limited to estimating, business development, quantity surveying, sub contractor management and site manager duties.
· Work closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
· Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans.
· Mutually agree payment schedules and applications for payment to the benefit of the project and the business.
· Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
· Provide timely monthly reports to the Head of Projects/Business Unit Director in an agreed format.
· Identify and develop a short/medium and long term pipeline of Project opportunities from the portfolio of customers within the Business Unit.
· Leverage opportunities through visibility and presence on customer sites.
· Liaise with colleagues managers to determine and identify project opportunities. Use case studies to promote business and host key decision makers on show site tours.
· Build strong effective working relationships with our customers and site teams.
· Build a pipeline of supply partners with the correct approvals in conjunction with the central procurement team.
· Full accountability for the P&L on each project.
· Ensure that all financial objectives are met.
· Analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
· Value all sub-contractor accounts and make application for payments.
· Ensure the projects are commercially viable and satisfy the commercial terms of the contract.
· Ensure all projects are managed through Company policies and procedures in relation to commercial activities.
The Project Process:
· Define and understand the scope of work to meet the customer’s specification.
· Competitively price the works whilst returning expected profit margins.
· Review all pre-construction information and implement a construction phase plan.
· Engage with sub-contractors under the correct commercial terms.
· Define the project plan and programme to deliver the works.
· Appraise all sub-contractor RAMS to make sure that they are suitable and sufficient
· Be in attendance on site for the works inclusive of any out of hour’s requirements.
· Set up the QHSE processes and make sure they are monitored.
· Ensure all variations to the works are captured, costed and claimed for.
· Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
· Close out all final accounts with both the customer and all those in the supply chain.
· Commercial awareness
· Strong financial acumen
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· Ability to deliver to deadlines
· Ability to present with confidence
· Ability to understand commercial and financial metrics
· Selling and negotiation skills
· Ability to deliver to deadlines
· Internal and external customer management
· Networking skills
· Up to date knowledge of the construction market
· Project management methodology
· Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
· Understanding of general financial terminology.
· Proven project management experience in either an M&E, FM, construction or critical environment
· Proven experience of running a P&L
· Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team
· Recognised technical qualification in either a construction, mechanical or electrical discipline.
· Business standard of written and verbal literacy as well as above average numeracy skills
· Recognised qualification in project management
· CDM regulations
· IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS
· Interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to inspire confidence
· Strong influencing skills·