IT Project Manager
2 month contract
Hays IT are working in partnership with a public sector organisation in Leicester to recruit a IT Project Manager for the Estates team on a temporary contract basis.
The purpose of this role is to provide professional IT project management to a portfolio of Building Improvement projects run by the University's Estates Department, providing an effective management interface between Estates, IT Services and related suppliers. Typically the Project Executive for these projects is a Deputy Director of Estates or Head of department.
Responsible for project definition and co-ordination of Estates IT work, using the ITS project methodology and project management tools; ensuring that all work is correctly specified, will meet the institution's goals and are delivered in a timely and cost effective way meeting the quality criteria.
* Provide proactive management of assigned projects in the Estates portfolio (office moves, refits, new builds and decommissioning of old buildings) - leading and co-ordinating all activity across staff, documentation and technology to deliver the required objectives on-time and in budget and to quality
* Provide oversight of all projects in the estates portfolio, maintaining data on inflight and pipeline projects
* Drive the project delivery process in a matrixed managed environment to achieve the defined scope and deliverables to the dates and milestones set and agreed in the plan.
* Establish and agree the appropriate management process for each assigned project, in line with IT Services' standards and practices. Work within the ITS project process to ensure relevant documentation is produced in accordance with requirements.
* Ensure customer requirements are captured and planned in accordingly, and subsequent scope control managed through the change control process, ensuring key stakeholders are notified of new scope inclusions or exclusions and the associated impact on delivery time
In order to apply you must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
* Experience delivering IT change to an Estates division or equivalent*
* Experience of managing stakeholders across IT, Estates and 3rd parties
* Experience of working with Estates Technology from an IT perspective (e.g. CCTV, Access Control, Alarm systems, BMS systems etc) *
* Understanding of network infrastructure and associated hardware (switches, routers, fibres etc) *
* Knowledge of IT development process and IT technologies, and experience using Microsoft Project or similar planning tool
* Ability to understand product and technological interdependencies
* Excellent ability to communicate in both written and oral forms, to technical and non-technical audiences *
* Excellent ability to plan, prioritise workload and modify schedules to meet changing deadlines*
* Ability to work independently without close supervision
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply for this role please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience, together with your current salary, salary requirements for this role and also your notice period/availability.
Alternatively you can call Daney Bowen at Hays IT in Birmingham on if you require additional information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job