My client, the UK's leading purchaser of energy generated by the independent sector, is currently looking for a Project Manager with outstanding tracking record of managing and delivering complex projects within a reasonable time frame and on budget.
If this is you, pleaseAPPLY NOW!!
To support the Project Manager is to drive business change and delivering projects that improve operational effectiveness and support growth. In particular, this means delivering business change projects.
This will involve taking requests for projects from the business, both large and small, through a process of scoping, prioritisation, planning and delivery. In addition to the standard management of the project and any necessary resource (head count or budget) the post holder also will be involved in the delivery of the project itself, for example working with colleagues and teams across the business to identify solutions to problems or to develop new ways of working.
FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the delivery of projects through the complete lifecycle from inception through to operation. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meet business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, particularly those within the Business Change team also involved in similar activities.
- Ensure the Head of Business Change and consequently the wider business has a clear understanding of:
- The progress of the projects against relevant milestones and deliverables for example through the production of appropriate project documentation.
- The impact of any risks and issues, as well as any plans to mitigate them.
- Use customer feedback, market insight and evidence as appropriate to develop business cases that enable clear prioritisation of projects and initiatives, including with reference to P&L, NPV calculations or more qualitative measures.
The post holder is expected to plan, structure and prioritise their day to day work in order to meet their objectives, and the needs of the business.
MOST COMPLEX PART OF THE JOB
Managing and coordinating the delivery of multiple, high profile, complex projects across a diverse range of disciplines.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1. Relevant Skills and Educational Qualifications:
a. Skilled in facilitation, project reporting, with excellent communication skills. Able to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
b. Prince 2 or equivalent.
c. Strong drive and resilience, action and result oriented. Comfortable in working at all levels within the organisation, working to tight deadlines.
2. Relevant Knowledge:
a. Knowledge and awareness of project management principles, documents and plans.
b. Understands the process of managing line and matrix performance, with good facilitation skills.
3. Relevant Experience:
a. Demonstrable experience of managing line and matric performance, working with stakeholders and experience of finance and budget management.
b. Preferable familiarity delivery results on time, within budget and to very high standards. Being an inspirational leader who is able to demonstrate enthusiasm.
c. Ability to gain the technical, behavioural and contextual elements of a project willing to see projects through to the end.
When you are emailing your CV to Pursuit, please ensure it has your telephone numbers (including your mobile), your email and home addresses on. To confirm your identity, you will be required to bring your passport with you when registering.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself we grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up.
Pursuit Resources Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.pursuitgroup.co.uk
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy
- Prince 2