Make the most of your energy with a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Project Manager based in out of our Maidenhead Office.
At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
You’ll probably be from a lighting controls industry, and may well already have some knowledge of our products. You’ll be a strong communicator, able to build relationships (internally and externally), present (internally), and manage expectations. A degree is by no means essential although you’re likely to have at least a project Management background, ideally with an Electrical Engineering degree also.
Reporting to the Application Centre Manager and responsible for managing lighting projects. You will manage the customer interface pre-and post-order ensuring successful project delivery safely, on time and within planed budget while managing scope, risk and capturing variations.
You know about us – now let us know about you – apply online.
- Take full commercial and technical ownership of allocated projects from enquiry working with our sales team to order to contract close for one key client.
- Manage the project, following progress in line with Project plan (scope, schedule and budget) until completion.
- Develop and manage the project programme.
- Provide full technical management of the project – Preferably directly or alternatively, supported by the technical team.
- Provides key interface and communication between back office functions, outsourced activity, and the customer.
- Act as primary point of contact for the customer. Managing the interface between customer and project team, the highest level of customer satisfaction should be insured always.
- Manage project contract insuring fulfilment of Schneider Electric contractual obligations and application of its contractual rights. Ensure all appropriate actions to timely recover customer receivables are carried out with the support of shared functions.
- Monitor and control Project progress versus budget spending. Ensure full & effective reporting to management and Inform them in a timely manner of major project events impacting project performance or compliance with governance principles
- Understand customer specific request for contract variations not included in the original scope
- Identify and take all necessary actions to manage risk and capitalise on opportunities. Manage claims & variation orders.
- Solves problems with customer interaction that results in positive feedback and improved relation
- Take full accountability over project profitability (cost, cash flow & margin) including forecasting, engagements follow-up & re-forecasting. Ensure timely revenue recognition as per forecast.
- Ensure partners & suppliers are executing the project in full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes, quality instructions and governance principles. Take all necessary actions to correct any deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution.
- Be actively involved with Sales & Tendering team to ensure successful project hand over.
- Support the bid and tender teams as a Subject Matter Expert to support growth and tendering of major projects.
- Support to the bid process, as required by the Commercial Department, providing input on project timescales.
- Work to existing procedures and assist in setting and establishing new operating procedures.
- Support to other members of the Operational Team and other areas of the business as needs dictate.
- Developing and maintaining key customer relationships.
- Conduct Lessons Learned session with stakeholders to share feedback.
You should have a good amount of experience in technical project management in the electrical, lighting or construction fields.
Ability to understand Single Line Diagrams and Protection Schemes.
Experience of KNX and Dali or lighting Equipment.
Basic understanding of Electrical Testing Procedures
Experience gained in Electrical contracting or sales environment.
Technical project management experience in the electrical, mechanical or construction fields
Education;Electrical Trade Qualifica