My client is a highly reputable, privately owned regional contractor that are looking for a Project Manager to lead the overall project team, and act as an ambassador for the company. To lead the site activities, and work in a safe profitable, planned manner to achieve the programme and deliver a quality product and service in accordance with company requirements and legislation. In doing so, satisfying the Client's expectations and maximising the financial return to our business. To develop and maintain positive relationships, and to promote and protect the company reputation whilst remaining customer focused and in line with Company policies and values.
You must have experience of managing project teams and running projects. Understanding of planning and programming. Appreciation of different forms of contract. Financial acumen and understanding of EDF and CVC. Customer relationship management. Experience of work winning activities. Wide range of construction techniques and technology. Thorough understanding of HSEQ on site including legislation. Experience of mentoring and coaching staff.
You are RESPONSIBLE (this is where you are responsible for doing or be delegated to) for;
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and providing consistency of approach
• Management of the contract, including the contract programme
• Timely and accurate reporting to senior management
• Performance management including ensuring that all staff are meeting their defined accountabilities and responsibilities
• Checking and auditing site and management activities as necessary
• Checking and ensuring that all contractual responsibilities are being met to protect the Company's interests
• Risk management
• The ability to produce, read, understand, and implement Contract/Construction/Short Term programmes
• Understanding and communicating Drawings and Technical Specifications
• Control of all costs in line with targets/expectations
• Produce complete scopes of work for sub-contract packages
• Managing the supply chain, direct employees and consultants - creating the right working environment to avoid disruption of trades.
• Personal responsibility to make things happen
• Considerate constructors/learning skills plans… along the lines of producing/implementing these.
• Promoting and protecting Client and other external relationships
• Support tendering and other work winning activities as appropriate
• Resource management
• Subcontractor selection and performance
• Promoting and implementing health and safety initiatives and feedback
• Supporting other company activities
• Sharing knowledge and best practice
• Continuous improvement
• Maximising profitability
• Training, teaching and mentoring other members of staff as appropriate
• Behaving in a manner which sets an example to others and promotes positive attitude and environment
CSCS card (relevant)
First Aid Certificate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job