We are currently working with a leading UK utility company. Due to an increase in business they are currently seeking a Project Manager to provide technical knowledge of fibre connections and project management to facilitate the installation and commissioning of fibre to the home (FTTH) networks.
- Project management of the Fibre 'backhaul’ connection and liaison with upstream network operators and/or contractors to ensure sites are commissioned within budget and to specified timescales.
- Monthly site progress meetings (larger sites)
- Ensuring progression of site variations.
- Understanding and ensuring that every new site is to be contacted within a week of us being notified of its existence per our contractual expectation.
- Supervision to ensure the Fibre assets are constructed as designed, in a safe manner and recorded correctly.
- Responsibility for Health and Safety matters relating to the installation and commissioning of the fibre networks.
- Initial and ongoing site meetings including informing the IFNL technical standards to customers and providing advice on the home wiring requirements.
- Provide guidance and undertake inspection of home wiring including television cabling where appropriate to ensure homes are wired to be compatible with our technical standards.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers, contractors and the NOC to facilitate the installation and commissioning of the equipment contained in the OSCP.
- Provide training and advice to existing company Project Managers on the installation and commissioning of fibre networks.
- Project Management of Network construction including material control
- Liaison with the Central Scheduling Team
- Carry out and document competency interviews with operatives
- Significant experience and/or qualifications relevant to the role.
- Working knowledge of current Legislation, Technical Standards & Specifications, Codes of Practice and Recommendations relating to the installation of fibre optic networks.
- NRSWA supervisory card
- SHEA card
- CSCS registration
This position offers a salary of up to £45k + package
Utility / Utilities / Gas / Water / Power / Fibre / Project Management / IFNL / Legislation / SHEA / Cabling / Telecoms / FTTC / FTTX / PON / FTTP / DSLAM /