WMG are looking to recruit a new project manager to join the team. If you have the drive and perseverance to manage projects that are driving real world innovations such as vehicle integration, electric vehicles, wireless charging, battery technologies, next generation materials, and high value manufacturing - this may be the role for you.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the project runs smoothly and to a high standard, fulfilling all requirements of commercial partners and funding bodies to deliver high quality research outputs. You will play a key role in the preparation and completion of the interim/ final reports to funding bodies and project steering groups.
You will have prior experience of working in an automotive, industrial or research environment, along with an excellent standard of written and spoken English including a demonstrate ability to prepare presentations, written reports and application documents.
You will provide effective project management support for managing portfolio of projects within Advanced Propulsion Systems (APS) area at Warwick Manufacturing Group to ensure that the project runs smoothly within the agreed time, cost and to the satisfaction of the commercial partners and the funding bodies.
Duties and responsibilities
• Work with members of the project team to identify, plan and implement projects in line with customer and funder requirements.
• Manage the activities of the project including monitoring and reporting of progress against targets for delivery of outputs and outcomes, whilst enabling high quality research to be undertaken.
• Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure the project targets are achieved to agreed timescales and budget.
• Develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with existing and any new collaborators and staff on the project team and relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure effective operational management and administrative support for the project, liaising with the project team, relevant WMG staff and central services in the University as required. This will also include regular monitoring and reporting of project risks and liaison with risk owners to mitigate risks as required.
• Financial monitoring of the projects including the upkeep of financial records and reporting on these to the Project Board, Advisory Group and/or Steering Committee in terms of spend commitment and income against agreed financial targets.
• Provide administrative support to the project team, programme manager and relevant project governance groups, collating information on project activities and providing progress reports as required.
• Provide procurement support to the project teams and drive the procurement in order to meet lead-time, cost and quality targets.
• Organise and manage project events (e.g. project review meetings, steering committee meetings) including scheduling, making practical arrangements, producing agendas, papers and minutes, attending as required and following up on action points.
• Play a key role in the preparation and completion of final reports.
• Coordinate any ethics and information governance activities required for the project (e.g. ethical approvals, data handling policies).
• Support the team in strategy documentation and funding growth applications.
Skills and experience
• Educated to degree level with a 2:1 (or equivalent experience)
• Experience of working in a research environment in either Higher Education, research funding agency, industry or government body
• Experience of managing projects from concept to implementation
• Experience of interpreting and adhering to detailed and precise requirements
• Meticulous ability to manage and organise workloads from a diverse client and project portfolio over a range of timeframes
• High level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail and a thorough, methodical and flexible approach
• Ability to develop and maintain appropriate systems for financial control of the project budget
• Ability to understand, interpret and advise on complex guidelines and terms and conditions associated with external funding and be able to communicate these to the project team
• Excellent standard of written and spoken English including a demonstrable ability to prepare written reports and application documents.
• Ability to successfully negotiate, influence and persuade at a senior level
• Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), with the ability to communicate with at all levels within an organisation (including industry, government and research institutions)
• Competent in using a broad range of computerised systems, databases and data sources to support project management, improved communications, information and data dissemination
• Ability to prioritise workload and plan work to meet tight deadlines
• Proven ability to translate strategy into implementation
• Experience of working in automotive industry
• Experience of web site/SharePoint portal development
• Project management qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Project Management