IT Project Manager requiredto manage the delivery of small to medium sized IT application projects which mainly involve third parties and delivery by resources in multiple locations / countries. Projects involve changes primarily to a single IT system (together with the introduction, removal or modification to technical architecture) and include elements of business change.
Our client a national organisation located conveniently between Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside requires an experienced IT Project Manager and are offering an attractive package c£50K + £6k car allowance + Bonus & Benefits.
IT Project Manager - skills experience
- IT industry experience, particularly Applications Project / Programme management experience including planning, reporting, budgetary and issue/risk management
- Business knowledge of the retail sector preferable
- Knowledge of project management tools and processes
- Knowledge across a variety of SDLC methodologies (e.g. waterfall and agile) and best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations
- Experience of managing IT 3rd party suppliers and partners both on and offshore
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work proactively with minimal supervision
IT Project Manager - responsibilities
- Provide sustained project delivery management and assurance across a broad range of application and infrastructure projects
- Set up the overarching project governance for each project; liaising with all parties to ensure that the defined processes are embedded and adhered to
- Drive the planning process to develop high level plans for the whole project, and mid-level and detailed plans for each stage/work stream, identifying activities, tasks, dependencies and milestones
- Prepare project briefs and other project management documentation as and when required.
- Secure internal and external IT resources required for each project as and when required
- Manage and track progress (across all teams involved) and budget from concept to closure
This is an excellent career opportunity, based in the north west of England easily accessed from Liverpool, Manchester and the surrounding areas and offering an attractive package c£50K + Bonus & Benefits. Please don’t delay in applying - for further information about the role and client please forward your CV to Steve Hallworth at Elevate Recruitment and he will call to discuss the client in more detail.
- Project Management Tools
- Full SDLC
- Project Governance