The project manager will be responsible for the management of projects from conception through to completion. The project manager will use a gated process to manage deliverables into the organisation. Teams will be defined and agreed in line with project requirements and the project manager will be responsible for ensuring the project is adequately resourced. These projects must be delivered on-time, to specification and to budget. This will involve interpreting customer requirements, developing detailed project plans and directing the efforts of cross-functional Project Teams to achieve the milestones of the plan.
- Project Management
- Manage assigned projects.
- Establish key technical skills and product knowledge to assume a strong technical leadership of assigned tasks
- Projects may feed into a Programme depending on delivery requirements.
- Handle enquiries and ensure that project objectives and requirements are well defined, understood and adequately communicated
- Ensure project risks are identified and managed effectively
- Plan, agree and organise resources as required
- Track project delivery and resolve issues.
- Run project team meetings.
- Manage project finances.
- Develop customer relationships.
- Responsible for leading and motivating allocated project team members
- To liaise with the customer as appropriate to ensure objectives are clear and they are kept informed of progress
- Maintain plans and update the Programme Manager on progress on a regular basis
- To agree technical specifications and time schedules together with line manager
- Ensure projects meet the customer requirements in terms of technical specification, cost, quality and delivery
- Education and Qualifications:
- Technical qualification in engineering (ONC/HNC/Degree)
- Good understanding of project management principles
- Experience of working in and leading cross-functional teams
- Liaison with customers and suppliers
- Experience in an automotive environment (preferred)
- Understanding of exhaust after treatment devices, (desirable)
- Able to achieve results quickly and work with minimal supervision
- Good problem-solving skills
- Responsive nature, persistent, flexible and open minded
- Good communicator - verbal and written
- Eye for detail
- Keen to hit deadlines and overcome barriers
Salary Benefits and Conditions of Appointment
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience - 39-hour week
- Holidays - 24 working days holiday plus statutory days.
- Holiday allowance increases by one day per complete calendar year to a maximum of 29.
- There is a Company pension scheme which, subject to its terms and conditions, you will be eligible to (and in some cases automatically) join.
- Death in service life assurance to the value of three times your annual basic salary whilst employed by the company.
- In the interests of all our employees we operate a No Smoking Policy except for in a designated area at break times only.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job