Competitive Salary and Benefits
Capita Employee Benefits is one of the largest employee benefits consultancies in the UK. A leading provider of pensions administration, employee benefits consultancy and cutting-edge technology, we're a multi award-winning organisation servicing over 1,600 clients and more than 4 million company employees and pension scheme members. We're looking for an experienced and qualified Project Manager to join us and help us to continue to delight our clients. Financial services experience is essential for the role.
About the role
You will manage and control Transition and Change projects delivering to a high quality in accordance with the agreed plan, Co-ordinating the delivery of the project by ensuring all work streams have taken the appropriate action to complete the tasks efficiently within specified time scales at an agreed cost.
- Manage any project assigned to you
- Produce and maintain project management control documentation required for the effective initiation, delivery and closure of each project ensuring PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology is applied where appropriate
- Ensure that all Work Stream responsibilities are clearly communicated to and agreed by all parties
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the project by ensuring all Work Streams have taken the appropriate action to complete the tasks efficiently within specified time scales at an agreed cost
- Proactively manage changes in project scope using agreed change control process as defined in project documentation
- Provide regular reports and any other relevant project information, detailing progress against the agreed plan, highlighting any potential or real issues to project Stakeholders affected by or involved in the project to ensure that projects are completed efficiently within specified time scales as defined in departmental standards
- Record project risks and issues on the project RAID log, report these appropriately and manage these to successful closure, ensuring you:
- Identify and report breaches immediately to your line manager and/or the Operational Risk and Compliance Department as appropriate and plan and implement timely effective corrective action to prevent recurrence
- Plan the effective mitigation of risks, devising appropriate contingency plans and escalating to your line manager where necessary
- Identify the root cause of issues and plan and implement timely effective corrective action, including invocation of change control where appropriate
- Conduct project Post Implementation Reviews to review the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and controls and make recommendations to enhance service delivery, improve processes and reduce potential complaints and business risks
- A background in pensions or financial services is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with people at all levels and develop strong working relationships
- Strong stakeholder skills with the ability to manage Client relationships, queries and complaints effectively
- Ability to take responsibility for own work, effective time management skills and capable of working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to participate in any sales/new business bids, where requested and provide support for planning estimates and documentation
- Understand the elements of a RAID log, the significance of probability and impact for risks and how risks differ from issues
- Ability to create and deliver presentations
- Has worked to Agile Methodologies
- PRINCE2 qualification is essential
About Capita | Employee Benefits
Capita Employee Benefits is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide award-winning pensions and employee benefits solutions. As one of the leading consultancies in the UK, our specialist knowledge and expertise ensures we create innovative solutions which can make a real difference to our clients and their employees.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, increasing to 27 with length of service, company car, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=S47TL&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=S47TL&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job