I am currently recruiting for a Construction Project Manager in Eastbourne, East Sussex
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: October/November 2017
Salary: £65-£75k basic + Car/Allowance, Healthcare & Pension
Randstad CPE contact: David Abbott (Brighton & Maidstone branch)
A JCT D&B Commercial New Build valued at £10 million which involves a live environment.
Your new role:
As the Construction Project Manager you will be responsible for a well resourced team and your role will consist of but not be limited to:
- Responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of the project.
- Produce a detailed lead project programme using Asta Power Projects, monitor and report on progress against targets.
- Manage and maintain the project budgetary requirements.
- Resolve technical problems with the aid of a Design Manager ensuring works are completed to the correct specification and QA standards.
- Effectively lead and manage the project team which consists of a Design Manager, Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Temporary Works Coordinator and Site Engineers. You will in turn report to an Operations Manager.
- Point of contact for the client & their representatives, Engineers, Architects & Designers.
- Chairing project review meetings with the client and contractors.
- Ensuring sufficient resources are in place through while maintaining budget for successful completion of the project.
- Providing regular progress updates to Directors.
- Relevant qualifications and experience as a Project Manager
- Full understanding of current Health & Safety Legislation
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills
- Commercial and contractual awareness
Our client is a Top 10 Main Contractor specialising across most sectors of the construction industry. Locally (Kent, Surrey and Sussex) they have a regional turnover of £130m approx with project values between £5m-£40m in sectors including Education, Leisure, Healthcare, Commercial and residential
What you will get in return:
- Basic Salary up to £75k
- £6k Car Allowance or choose from an extensive company car list
- Matching Pension up to 12%
- Local Projects (Sussex/Kent/Surrey) so travelling will be to a minimum
- Great Kent and Sussex based offices
- Good work life balance
- Internal progression and training available
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- project manager - construction manager - build manager - main contracting - kent - sussex
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job