Project Manager : Engineering
Whitehaven / Workington, Cumbria
Salary : neg £42k to £52k + pension
MacArthur Recruitment are looking for an experienced Project Manager, ideally from an engineering background, to work for a UK organisation, in Cumbria, who are involved with hands-on engineering focussed industries across O&G, nuclear, construction, defence, etc..
They require an externally facing and commercially focussed project manager who is comfortable working with and developing client relationships and knows their way around a programme along with good inter-personal, negotiating and team based skills.
In return, as a skilled Project Manager, this organisation will give you opportunities to develop as they grow. They are in a period of development which will benefit you with your sound project management skills, dynamism, positive and professional team focussed behaviour and commercial acumen.
Skills and responsibilities for the role of Project Manager :
- Sound project management processes across multiple disciplines
- Able to drive the project management techniques within the team
- Commercially minded, attend client start-up meetings
- Engineering delivery background
- Customer facing
- Able to get Security Clearance
- Stakeholder management and engagement
- Understands the way around a project and programme
- Cost, quality, risk, safety
- Manage sub-contractor relationships
- Personable, good soft skills, team player
- Pragmatic in nature and able to take a helicopter view
- Structured method of working
- Formal Project Management qualification / accreditation (PMP, PMI, Prince 2, APM, MSc, or similar project manager certifications)
- Relationship building
- Budgets typically between £50k and £5M
As a Project Manager part of your role is to motivate and manage a small team of direct reports - engineers, planning, project based and manufacturing.
To apply for the role of Project Manager please email me or call for further information, with a copy of your CV.
MacArthur Recruitment are an engineering and construction consultancy, based in Cumbria, focussing on quality of delivery for all parties; your success is our success. Please visit our website at www macarthurrecruitment co ukfor further details.
- Commercial Awareness
- Project Management
- Customer Facing Roles
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job