As a Project Manager you will have an important role in the delivery of the transformation and business growth objectives of the division. You will drive successful leadership & delivery of projects (Business and / or IT) that align to the LGR transformation outcomes that drive financial growth, operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
Projects will be delivered to the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality, and in accordance with the LGR project management governance framework. You will show leadership in the use of IT tools to enhance project outcomes and the culture of the transformation team.
Energy, creativity, and a collaborative approach are key behaviours that underpin this role.
- Identify business opportunities through stakeholder relationships, shaping ideas, creating and promoting solutions and gaining senior management buy-in.
- Takes end to end responsibility for the delivery of up to 3 concurrent medium / complex business and /or IT projects, whilst establishing and maintaining fit for purpose governance to control and monitor the deliverables to the business in order to realise the benefits as defined in the approved Business Case.
- Leads project planning, scheduling, resourcing controlling and reporting activities ensuring that project delivery and risk plans are prepared and maintained and issues are actively managed through to their successful resolution.
- Delivers effective & timely communication & reporting to all interested parties including stakeholders and Senior Managers / Execs in order to support effective decision-making and manage the smooth and integrated delivery of projects, with minimal impact to the LGR business
- Manages third party relationships ensuring that dependencies are identified and managed and deliverables are achieved, as defined in the project’s Initiation Document and without incurring unnecessary cost or delay to the project.
- Facilitate all project estimates required for the business case and then review / monitor all project budgets across the life of the project, including Transformation costs, 3rd party IT costs, SME costs, Capital Costs etc ensuring that there are appropriate and effective governance arrangements to ensure that the project stays within approved budget levels (in line with the LGR Project Management framework).
- Identifies and manages risks and issues to ensure that critical problems are escalated at the earliest opportunity and mitigating actions are implemented, in line with change control processes.
- Understands the principles of Business Transformation and is able to translate these principles into business/people change activities and project outcomes
- Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
- Prince 2 Practitioner, Association of Project Managers (AMP),
- Agile and Scrum - desirable but not mandatory
- PROSCI - desirable but not mandatory
- Background in Pensions, Annuities, Asset & Liability Management and / or Investments and understanding of the products, regulations and the UK Pensions market.
- Outstanding project management experience required and proven delivery track record of change / transformation .
- Adaptable approach to project governance & control.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills in order to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to self-manage and work in a dynamic environment
- Management experience including working with Business Analysts and Test Managers / Analysts.
- The ability to manage and benefit from virtual meetings, with limited reliance on face-to-face meetings
- The willingness to embrace new technologies and influence other parts of the business to adopt
- A relentless drive towards paperless working, wherever possible
- The willingness and ability to work without the constraints of a fixed office or desk location, focusing on outcomes and benefits, rather than tasks and measures
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
This role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in our Hove office, but you could work in other Legal & General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Project Resourcing Consultant for further information.
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job