Within this role you will:
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, to budget, and meeting all quality targets.
- Establishing the project plan baseline, defining project scope and securing the necessary resources and plans for each phase.
- Managing risks, issues and dependencies. Identifying and removing roadblocks.
- Driving project execution and managing the change control process, conflicts and escalations.
- Monitoring the project budget and managing finances by ensuring accurate forecasts and financial system monitoring.
- Ensuring business and system releases delivered by the project are simple and easy to use.
- Engaging stakeholders and ensuring on-going project alignment with business strategy and stringent governance processes.
- Managing 3rd party suppliers. Investigating, resolving and escalating problems. Monitoring supplier performance.
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience managing multiple IT projects, including budgets over £1m.
- Good grounding in traditional Project Management governance practices.
- Ideally have experience within a retail environment, responsible for projects such as loyalty schemes, tills or mobile apps.
- Passionate about technology and able to build credibility with technology teams across a range of disciplines.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills; able to inspire and influence teams and senior execs alike.
- Advanced to expert level leadership and general management skills, including conflict resolution capabilities and outstanding negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- Project Management certification.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job