We're an exciting organisation bringing new models of community development to Barking & Dagenham. We've just received capital funding to build a 1000sqm maker-space, co-working and events space within a warehouse structure.
We're looking for an excellent Project Manager who can take a brown-field site and build this incredible facility for us. Basically, this will be a pre-fab style, warehouse structure- so experience in constructing these kinds of building is essential. The fit-out of the facility will be highly tailored- so we're looking for someone who's creative and excited about buiding this unique facility.
The successful person will:
- Lead the development of the Warehouse - translating the concepts and the bid requirements into tangible plans. This will involve running a design competition and creating the necessary relationships to make this a success.
- Manage the necessary processes to translate the plans into the physical Warehouse- including planning, contracts, quotes etc, and responding to changes in requirements.
- Manage construction of the warehouse and the overall site development.
- Work collaboratively with the necessary stakeholders, including PCF staff, Funders, residents and the site owners and managers, construction and ft out companies.
- Work within budgetary constraints and find creative ways to deliver on objectives.
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent project management skills- able to create necessary project documentation, and manage a challenging process to deliver the facility on time and on budget
- Excellent contract management skills: contract creation and management- making use of external legal support where necessary
- Have led or overseen the construction of a similar facility for a commercial or non-profit organisation.
- Able to convene the necessary components for a build of this type: planning resource, tendering, construction, ft out etc.
- Experience of running architectural competitions (desirable)
- Knowledge of planning processes and able to work with architects to produce necessary plans and visuals.
- Experience of contract management
The position is for an initial 6 months- with extension subject to futher agreement. Based in Barking & Dagenham, this is a 40 hours a week role.
Closing date Friday 30th March (or sooner depending on interest)
See our website for more information about us, and a full job pack.
- Project Management