Horizon Search & Selection are currently working with an interesting company based in Bury St Edmunds who currently have a very important role to fill for a Project Manager/ Surveyor to join their team. This role is an addition to the team and will be taking responsibility for a crucial element of the business process and will assist in the future growth of the company. As such we are seeking applications from Candidates with experience in Surveying and ideally some exposure to estimating and Project Management too.
The company were set up 12 years ago and manufacture energy efficient window and door installations for customers in East Anglia and covering the UK too. Supplying both Aluminium Windows and Doors and also timber and alu-clad timber from Scandinavia. The company has grown to a size where they are now seeking to recruit a Project Manager/ Surveyor to join them on a full-time, permanent basis.
Working on a variety of building projects with values ranging from £10K - £250K that include both restorations and new builds. The purpose of this position is to oversee the initial Surveying stage of a project right through to the point of completion with a customer. For this role we are seeking a candidate with previous experience of working on building projects of varying sizes within the UK
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- All project related commercial activities
- Contact with site agents to arrange a mutually convenient time to survey existing structures or newly completed openings
- Liaison with the site agents confirming all agreed details
- Producing accurate surveys and drawings if required in readiness for the order department
- Subcontractor quotation analysis and negotiation
- Placing subcontractor orders
- Liaise with approved installation teams, confirming all fitting aspects of the particular projects
- Acting as a point of contact for the customer through to completion
- Providing outstanding customer satisfaction
Working for a growing company, this role requires a candidate who is happy to get stuck in and assist the team in times of need. With a can-do attitude and a willingness to succeed.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrable work experience within a similar role
- Previous experience of surveying ideally within a similar or related industry
- Experience of Estimating for similar projects would also be hugely beneficial
- The ability to create designs using 2D CAD software
- Outstanding communication skills
- A fastidious attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and pre-proritise as necessary
To apply for this exciting and interesting opportunity with a genuinely brilliant client, please send through your CV to Gemma Turp along with a covering letter detailing why you believe this role is a good fit for this role.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Project Management