They are seeking a skilled and experienced Project Manager to manage stock investment projects with a value of between GBP 2m and GBP 8m per annum. You will need a sound technical knowledge of housing construction and repair and be aware of the latest Building Regulations and Health and Safety Legislation relating to delivering housing refurbishment works.
Working as part of the Project team, you will act as 'lead client' on a range of projects, liaising closely with residents, leaseholders, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders. The initial focus will be on developing, procuring and delivering fire safety improvement works including the installation of fire alarm and sprinkler systems in tall blocks. An understanding of the challenges of delivering major refurbishment works in a residential environment is essential.
You must possess excellent project management and contract administration skills along with your proven initiative, innovative and positive approach. Excellent communication and customer services skills are essential requirements of this role as you will be dealing with both internal and external customers. You will need to be able to confidently use the full range of Microsoft Office software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to use Microsoft Project is desirable.
The client also have their own in house project management systems - upon which the appointed candidate will receive full training.
Car owner/driver is essential.
To be shortlisted you must be able to clearly demonstrate the following:-
- Experience of planning and managing large scale, complex projects within the housing sector
- Proven experience of management various forms of contracts such as TPC and JCT
- Building or engineering technical qualification
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Financial awareness within a project management setting
- Demonstrate a high level of influencing and communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Customer focused
- Ability to use the full suite of MS Office packages including MS Project
- Project Management qualification
- Excellent understanding of contract law
- Experience of managing both internal and external staff who may be assigned to specific projects
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job