An exciting opportunity has arising working for an NHS Trust based in London. My client is looking to recruit a Space Manager / Planner on a contract basis for 3-6 months ongoing.
Space planners are a key position in the Space Management function which supports and manages the 5 million plus square feet of acute, clinical, support and community health space property portfolio. Space planners assist the Trusts Clinical Divisions and Operational Directorates to manage and improve their existing and future working environments through close liaison and early project development. With good customer facing and engagement skills the Space Planner will learn about the Trusts diverse range of patient and clinical services and develop ways to improve service delivery through the working environment.
The role of the Space Planner is to be the primary point of contact between the Trusts clinical specialisms, operational department and the space management function. They will partner with Clinical General and Operational Senior Managers assisting them to manage and improve their existing space allocation and develop future space requirements. They will initiate the development of new space and property related projects.
* Promote and demonstrate the benefits professional space management services, processes and philosophy to integrate the space management function throughout the organisation
* Support clinical specialisms and operational departments in the management of their allocated space
* Develop relationships with clinical specialisms and operational departments to understand their operational requirements and aspirational goals
* Partner the clinical specialisms and operational departments in the development of short, medium and long term tactical and strategic space requirements in line with the Trusts goals and objectives
* Be the initial point of contact for any changes to, additional requirement for or the release of allocated space
* Develop new client space requests through to feasibility or strategic outline case where necessary
* Produce CAD based layout solutions in line with current health planning standards, statutory requirements promoting new working practices and improving utilisation
* Champion new ways of working and delivering services through alternative working environments and challenge utilisation norms to improve efficiency
* Keep AutoCAD drawing sets and MiCAD records current and accurate by reflecting any related change
* Act as liaison between the client and the moves and or minor works teams to manage delivery of relocation and small accommodation projects
* Support the capital development team in the planning and delivery of larger capital projects by managing associated enabling and decant moves
* Coordinate post construction activities such as relocation, lessons learnt and post occupancy evaluations
* Keep abreast of sector changes in the way services are delivered by piers and work with organisations to develop improved ways of working
The successful candidate will ideally have healthcare / NHS experience and extensive client engagement exposure communicating spatial impact and opportunities for their operational requirements and aspirational goals.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
- "space planning" and "hospital"